What's new

The Apprentice Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
jen took a bruising for good reason. she has skated along this entire season on the efforts of other folks. a prime example of this was when she took credit for ivana's levi catalog idea. that was classless.

she just ended up paying the piper today. i am very pleased with the outcome.

too many folks were caught up in her fembot trance. it was painfully apparent at times. there was no good reason to hire jen over kelly. it simply would not make sense and if trump did so he would have lost all credibility amidst all of the overwhelming support for kelly in this finale.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Two hours including a 15-minute reunion worked fine last year.

Though I must ask, are you joking about Trump making a bad decision, Patrick?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think another one of those NY apartment complex was built in the time this Apprentice special got done.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,

I totally agree that he finale last season was much better than this. What we saw tonight was the perfect example of something becoming so big that the spectacle becomes more important than the substance. The final hour and a half was just a promotional vehicle for other NBC shows and advertisers.......it was TV NyQuil.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I really didn't like Jenn. Very argumentative and very willing to take credit for other peoples' work. That said, I think last season's apprentice candidates were better overall as a whole.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. And yeah, I really believe Trump when he says he has no idea who he's picking. Come on! For the past two months, Kelly has been far and away the most obvious candidate for the job.

As boring as the Survivor reunion was this season, at least it wasn't a big clip show/advertisement for The Contendor.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

well patrick, since you were not joking could you please help me to understand your rationale supporting jen as the winner of the apprentice?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I think the show would have lost all credibility if Trump had picked Jen. As it was, I thought Trump lacked credibility by saying it was a "tough choice" because he was either lying to create false suspense or he is flat out stupid. No way -- the choice was obvious and to draw out the choice like that was boring television. Testimonial after testimonial and the audience reaction made the choice as plain as the sneer on Trump's face. At least Survivor picks immediately and then goes into reunion mode for almost an hour. What a belabored mess.

I will quit watching next season if they keep having those asinine challenges where the team has to design/create some food or product and then sell it the street. And if they do another pet grooming ep, I'm gone. This show was skating on the edge of watchable to being with, and this season was pretty dull overall. And I have little respect for people who are supposed to be smart but insist that they're going to "learn" business chops from Trump. That's a friggin' laugh. The only thing they might learn is the art of endless self-promotion and scoring a fan-plastic fembot girlfriend with zero personality. I really don't see how you can "learn" how to start with $250 million of Daddy's money and an existing real estate empire.

aldamon

Second Unit
What a drawn-out, tasteless mess that was! It was absolutely painful watching person after person pick Kelly with Jen sitting right there squirming in her seat. I mean, the only thing Trump's croney could mumble was "I don't like Jen" before melting into his seat? That wasn't fair to the croney OR Jen. Was all of the grandstanding necessary? Trump even screwed up the ending by telling Jen she was fired instead of just hiring Kelly. We were totally disappointed.

JamieJ

Agent
That was by far the worst 3 hours of reality tv ever! Like someone else mentioned, it could have been all done in 30 min.

Well that does it for me, the final nail has been put in the coffin...I will not be tuning in for next season's infomercial.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Way to Looooooooooong!

Also, what was the deal with the one exec with dark permed hair who totally froze when Regis interviewed him. He was like a deer in headlights, which surprised me as I assumed he was some sort of exec with Trump. There were a slew of scrolling teleprompters visible just below the stage riser and I though maybe he couldn't see his canned lines. Strange.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I just didn't understand the lack of preparation by the producers in the finale. Why didn't they get a few Jen supporter interviews mixed in with the Kelly supporters, even if they were a vast minority. I mean, 10 minutes into the boardroom part of the show and every single one of his decision makers had picked Kelly, killing any drama for the remaining hour and 45 minutes. The one cronie was so unprepared with his statement, he looked like he was going to pass out.

Of course, it was obvious before the finale that Kelly was going to win. The entire series had been editted before the first show aired, and Jen was portrayed as a ditz from day one and Kelly shown as a great leader. If they really wanted to keep drama in the last show, the editting during the season could have been more even handed.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Ugh, 3 hours just for this. While I wasn't a Jen fan, I haven't liked Kelly all season. He's a limp, robotic guy who can do what he is told, but I've never seen him lead very well at all. He can't inspire and he's far to analytical and seems to be devoid of personality. Oh well, it should have been Bradford anyway.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
Jen's only strong point was her ability to argue in the boardroom. And to be honest, any good laywer should have that trait. Other than that, she had nothing to offer and was glad she didnt win. But did we really need 3 hours just for that.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Many complain about the length, but is that a surprise? No. We all knew that it was 3 hours. We also all should have known that it need not be 3 hours and was really streched because that it was TV networks do - try get and maintain an audience.

Now was it good? Not so much, but it was obvious that Kelly was the person to be picked. He had performed better during the show's run and that should count for something and he also stepped up. Jennifer might be qualified and she is obviously smart, but her style just didn't cut it overall- during the season However, not many really stood out this year. They better have cast the 3rd season better than this one.

As for the many opinions from Trump's friends and others. It seemed to be that Trump clearly knew who he was going to pick, but having others say it too, validated his decisions as ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks