What's new

The Apprentice Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I thought it was interesting how they never addressed Jen taking credit for Ivana's idea for the Levi's challenge. Twice they showed the clip with the exec praising Jen as the best team member on that specific challenge. It leads me to believe that a) Jennifer did better on that task than we were led to believe or b) they needed something to justify her making it as far as she did. The Survivor reunion shows aren't always the most probing interviews you'll ever see, but Jeff usually asks the questions that the viewers would ask.

danak

Second Unit
I don't think it was until the abysmal finale that I fully realized that The Apprentice is nothing but a game, the supposed search for a Trump apprentice just a fig leaf. This has been a disaster of a season, that is, if you look at it from a "Boy, I thought this show was sincere and Trump was really looking for someone to hire" point of view. Trump's constant self-promotion and his inconsistent decision-making (Education good! No, education bad!) really got on my nerves this season. I hope Trump's people were completely embarrassed by the spectacle of that finale (Trump seems to be immune to feeling embarrassed).

It became obvious to me by the end of the season that it's just another reality show (call me slow). Why even have someone like Sandy compete if Trump wasn't going to consider hiring her because of her lack of degree? Or why would Kevin and Andy be allowed to compete if they didn't have any experience? And the real corker is the setup of the third season, where 1/2 the constestants don't have college degrees. If anyone thinks Trump will actually hire one of those people, they're kidding themselves and those constestants are completely wasting their time. If he does end of hiring one of them, then Sandy gonna be ticked and Trump's credibility, if he has any left, is going to be shot.

Dana in MD

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
No, I think he will hire one of the street smart people because he's already hired two book smart people. That tagline, "Does it take a college education to succeed in life?" He would never say that if a street smart person didn't win; he would offend all those successful non-college viewers.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
As an semi-off topic side note - the last boardroom fight between the girls, it went on for 4 1/2 hours. Unbelievable.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've read that the boardroom usually takes at least a couple of hours. It would be interesting to see one unedited, from start to finish!

/Mike

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone but me notice the similarity of Jen in the final boardroom to one of the Wayens brothers in make-up on the Movie White Chicks?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I disagree on those three. They were colorful characters and, most importantly, created conflict with the others. That makes for good TV. If they were firing for ratings, then they would have fired the quiet ones first.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I meant that the way they were fired (for stupid reasons) was done for ratings. Same with Elizabeth and the Maria/Wes firing. Kinda like Trump did those just so the promos could have a "BEST BOARDROOM EVER!!" mention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks