What's new

The Alien Legacy--Where's Coupon for 5th disk? (1 Viewer)

sheldon petrie

Auditioning
Hi Everybody,

I had a very enjoyable christmas, with planty of new dvd's to explore and enjoy. Among the many DVD's which I received was The Alien Legacy boxed set. However, there was no coupon to mail-in for The Sixth Passenger dvd and I am wondering if this is an error, or if Fox pulled the 5th disk in preparation of the entire set being placed on moratorium.

Thanks,

Sheldon Petrie

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I don't know what the expiration date was on the mail-in offer, but I know it had expired already when I purchased the box in January 2000.

DJ

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If you MUST have that 5th disc, it can usually be had on eBay for between $40 and $75 dollars (I researched this for a friend recently). That's better than the $50 to $100 it was about a year ago, when someone last researched this on HTF. :)
On the other hand, it is rumored that a new version of the Alien DVD is coming (I would have said "Alien - 5 Star Collection", but the 5 Star lineup is now dead, per Peter Staddon himself, so they will call it something else). And the rumor goes that the about-an-hour-long documentary which is the only thing on that 5th disc will be one of the supplements on the new release.
As an owner of that 5th disc, I can't say that the average person will find that this documentary is worth $50-ish to anyone but the most die-hard fans. As a die-hard fan, though, I'm glad I have it! :)

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
Here's one :)
EBAY LINK REMOVED BY OWNER - DO NOT REPOST
SUCH LINKS ON THIS FORUM!
And yes...they were only available for a SHORT period of time in 1999. I was lucky enough to get one. Looks nifty in a new keepcase with new art. It comes in a cardboard sleeve.
-Seth

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
However, there was no coupon to mail-in for The Sixth Passenger dvd and I am wondering if this is an error, or if Fox pulled the 5th disk in preparation of the entire set being placed on moratorium.
I wonder if the fifth disc was offered as an incentive to pre-order the box set? The coupon provided with the sets expired within a short period of the street date, I remember that.

This discussion brings back memories, of pre-ordering the box set from Reel.com having to spend hours preparing the supporting material for the coupon application, and Mike Knapp making some good-natured wisecracks in response to my complaints about how much effort I had to spend on all this.

RD

Jacob_isham

Stunt Coordinator
the fifth discs comes free in the region 2 version of the boxset. Though this will make the r2 version of the 5th disc significantly less rare, so watch out for lamers trying to sell the r2 one at the same kind of price as the r1 version is going for on ebay (as the r2 version is of it is obviously not a limited edition).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks