What's new

The Adventures Of Brisco County, Jr. (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Actually, that's not quite true. HamiltonBook.com (http://www.hamiltonbook.com) has seasons 3 and 5 for $24.95 each plus shipping. This is a company that deals mostly in closeout books and book remainders, but has DVDs from A&E (and others) from time to time. Worth a look. Nina's Discount Oldies (no web site; 1-800-336-4627) also has seasons 3, 4, and 5 for just $19.95 each plus shipping, and also has other A&E closeouts and remainders. I've purchased from both companies in the past and have been very satisfied. Nina's produces huge newspaper like catalogs that can take a couple of hours to get through.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Well, cut-outs and used discs are always an option, but my point was the MSRP has not been reduced, and I've been enjoying them for three years.

Regards,

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Lemme guess, you're Canadian, right?

Sounds like another issue of a Canadian replicator messing up a Canadian release. I've already emailed Warner about this, and I'll post the solution when they get back to me (hopefully soon).

I'm SO glad this thing is selling well. I've had reports from all over than there's "a huge hole where Brisco was" in various stores.

JonathanBB, you may want to see how much it would be ordering from a US retailer. The Canadian dollar is so high right now that it may actually be cheaper than ordering from Canada. I know it works out with Fox titles because they set such an insanely high Canadian SRP. I think a $50 US set is $80 CAN, when it's about $55 if you do the exchange.

Gord
P.S. If you're interested in reading a bit about how the set came together I've written some stuff about it in my review: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/siterevi...ReleaseID=5744

Bill_Nolan

Agent
Tried to get this today at the local warehouse club (BJs), but it was nowhere to be found. Either they sold out or they're once again slow in putting everything out (if they're even carrying it!). I was courious what their price was before I hit up Best Buy... BJ's even had Jack of All Trades, but no Brisco...

- Bill

Rob T

Screenwriter
I am.

Was there a book replacement fix through Warner Bros. Canada ever done for west wing: Season 4? If so, I must have missed it. :frowning:

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

Excellent review Gord and I want to thank you for all you have done over the years to get Brisco to DVD. My teenage sons and I have been having a marathon and while I will tell anyone who will listen what a great show this was, I am still surprised once again how entertaining it is. My sons are enjoying it because they now get things they didn't get back when we watched it on TNT. What I find interesting is that they are on the dvds in production order which totally throws me because I have them memorized in airing order.

I hope everyone gets the booklet that came with the set, it is just one more thing that makes this set worth the money.

PatH

Second Unit
A reference to Homicide: Life on the Streets. Great Show. I held out on buying this but will cave in Nov. when all seasons and the TV movie arrive in a single box with the L&O crossovers as well. I'll be buying Brisco at the next DDD sale.

PatH

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
All I can say is:
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
:)
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

This show was one of my short-list gotta-haves. It was a long time coming, but well worth the wait. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gord, I want to echo Peggy's sentiments, and thank you for ALL of your efforts in helping to make this set happen, and for all you're doing to help publicize it now that it's reality.

I also enjoyed your excellent review on TSoD.

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gord, this afternoon I went to Future Shop and bought the set for $85.99 plus tax. Oh well, it has alot of material. You're review was excellent by the way and thanks for the tip.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Costco didn't have it either, so I don't think it is making the warehouse stores. Just bought mine from Best Buy.

Jason

Katherine_K

Second Unit

I work for that company and if you would like when I go into work tomorrow I will check the inventory system and see if it's even in the company's system. The reason why they are slow getting out often has to do with the way DVDs come into warehouse stories in general. New releases come in a pallot often several weeks worth at a time, and occasionally the recieving crew doesn't even know the street date so they hold off on putting them out until the last date of the stuff in the pallot.

So say there are twenty titles (tv and movies) on the pallot and they have street dates for 18 of them, they'll hold the two they don't have a date for until the last date they do have. The reasons they err on the side of putting things out later is because the crew responsible would be fined by the DVD company for breaking the street date.

Having spoken with people who work for Cosco's and Sam's, this is not a situation unique to BJ's. Honestly what I do is on the friday before a street date I check the system and see if we will have it, if we wont I order from Amazon and if we will and it's not out on tuesday I leave a note for the recieving department and ask them where it is. I know this isn't practical for everyone, but I just wanted to shed a little light on why things work the way they do at warehouse clubs.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

Speaking of Homicide, Bruce Campbell did an episode of Homicide and it is about as different from Brisco as you can get. Great episode though.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Glad to finally have this, got it yesterday from Amazon and my 13 year old son and I have gone thru the Pilot and Socrate's Sister. He was just a six month old child when Brisco debuted, but he was between my wife and I on the couch while it played. He enjoys it more this time thru.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

And a must see for Campbell fans, as it's a rare opportunity to see just how versatile an actor Bruce is, as he plays it pretty straight in this one.

I haven't recieved my pre-order on Brisco or Jack yet, are their any issues that we should know about?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

How about his gay character in "Beggars and Choosers"? I was a bit shocked to see him make out with another man!

Gord

Bill_Nolan

Agent

Hi,

That would be much appreciated! And thanks for the explanation of why some things come out late at that store. For a while, my local BJs would have the new releases out early on Saturday or Sunday, but they've definitely gotten better about that lately...

- Bill

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
There is a minor issue on this set, I've watched six episodes and I noticed it and it's also being discussed on the IMDB Brisco board, the problem is in the episode order on the DVD.

They are in production order as opposed to airing order and I don't know if the airing order has any continuity issues but in the production order "Socrates's Sister" comes second yet an issue arises when it's viewed (as presented) before "Brisco In Jalisco". Peter Hutter is shot by Brisco in the pilot and reappears in "SS" with no explaination, then Brisco meets him "again" in "BIJ" and expresses surprise, only to have PH explain his reappearance.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

I never saw him in that show. That would be a shock but knowing Bruce I bet he was convincing.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

I really was surprised to see them produced in a different order than they aired even though I know shows do that all the time (or they use to). I watched them over and over and over from the airing on TNT and I never had any questions of continuity about them so I guess that only happens when they are viewed in production order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks