What's new

The Adventures Of Brisco County, Jr. (1 Viewer)

Katherine_K

Second Unit

There is no SKU in the BJ's inventory system for Brisco, which means that not only isn't any store in the chain going to have it now, but it's unlikely to have it in the next two months. Sorry.

Bill_Nolan

Agent

Thanks for looking, anyway. I did check a second BJs today, since I was in that town for lunch, and had no luck. So I just went to Best Buy and picked it up there. Regarding that, Best Buy either had low expectations for this set, or it's selling great, because the clerk said it sold out Tuesday. Luckily, they had just received more in, and the clerk got me one from the back.

It's actually an anniversary present for my wife, since she's the bigger fan of the show.

- Bill

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Yeah, this is disorienting for someone who has not seen the show before. The episodes on the DVD are not quite in production order, since one of the earliest produced episodes, "Ned Zed", was re-tooled with a framing story so it could play later in the season. I think if you move "Socrates' Sister" so it plays after "Brisco in Jalisco", you will be otherwise fine, continuity-wise, with the order on the DVDs.

Regards,

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

FYI: Keep an eye on eBay, I just bought "ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY JR SERIES DVD SET NEW" for $53.94 shipped!!!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Phil

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Likewise, I did the same last Friday on ebay. A vendor had a brand-new unopened copy for $48.99 ("Buy It Now" price) which I grabbed. I think he still had several more available so keep checking. It's doubtful you will find a better price for an unopened set for the next month or two.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I read that Cuse put them in that order but it's still apparant that they weren't actually intended to be seen in that order. Sometime during the past 13 years he obviously got a little fuzzy in regards to the chronology of the show.

Like I said, it's a minor issue though. I wouldn't care if they put the episodes on there in reverse-order. They're all there intact and the extras seem pretty substantial (I haven't gotten there yet but I'm looking forward to it) so you really can't complain, but you also cannot deny that the continuity doesn't work as presented on the DVD.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I was one of the people that managed to get a great deal on Brisco. BestBuy had it for $65 and I had a 10% off coupon and a $15 credit so it came in just under $45.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
After watching the episodes for the first time in quite a long time, it's not quite as cut-and-dry as you may think. The order of the episodes on the DVDs makes more sense in terms of the arc of the relationship between Brisco and Bowler. Bowler is nothing but hostile throughout "Socrates' Sister", but their relationship begins to thaw a bit beginning with "The Orb Scholar". Pete's constant returns from the "presumed dead" are something of a running joke, anyway, so I guess Cuse figured someone watching on DVD could get their reference to it a few episodes later and not be too bothered.

Regards,

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I know I am one of the main cheerleaders of this show and I bought it on the day it came out but it has turned out to far exceed even my expectations and worth every penny I paid for it. The funny thing is I bought it for the family since it is a family favorite but I don't get to watch it as much as I want to because my kids have more free time than I do and they take it to watch it. I keep coming in during the middle of episodes. Oh well they go back to school in a few weeks. LOL!

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Pre-Order from Amazon, two copies, one for my brother in law ;)

Finished watching them and going back through again, even my youngest
daughter, 14, is digging them, they span all age groups.

Worth the price of admission and cleanly made, listened to the commentary
today, they ended it with a thank you to the folks that pushed to get this
out on DVD, glad it finally happened!

G2

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
One additional small thing that made me smile while re-watching these episodes for the first time in years was seeing John Hawkes playing the sidekick of Utah Johnny Montana (formerly Utah John Cougar Montana) in the "Showdown" episode. His costume and glasses make him look a lot like he looks currently when playing Sol Star on "Deadwood", but the tone is a bit different to say the least. :)

Regards,

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon

Is it sickening of me to say I loved her single appearance in Sports Night for years before even watching the West Wing?

For some reason I avoided TWW, and so much Janel was awesome!

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Have any of my fellow Canadians received the booklet from Warners yet? I sent my request in at the beginning of the month, and I'm pretty sure it's been longer than the 10 days they indicated.

I'll be patient for now, in case it arrives this week, but didn't the offer expire at the end of August?

Martin_K

Agent

Well I sent an e-mail to Warner as soon as TvShowsOnDvd posted the article, which was the 26th of July. I recieved my booklet the second week of August. I think you should get it by the end of this week or early next.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Same goes for me. I sent my request in that same evening, and in my case, the book showed up the following Thursday (the 3rd of August I believe). Of course, according to the postmark, it had to travel about 10 blocks to get to me, so... :)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Martin K and AlexF. I found my original email, and it was from Aug 3, so it hasn't even been three weeks yet. I guess it was a bit early to start worrying about it! :) I'll just wait, and with any luck it should arrive any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks