What's new

The $4,300 upgrade and climbing. (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
House.jpg

What was all grass up to the front door less a small sidewalk is becoming a nice outdoor lounge area.
I built this 465 sf patio in the frontyard, designed it myself, did the block work myself and all the fencing. I also built the gas fire pit for those chilly nights. The only thing I did not do was pour the concrete as it was too big a job, just over 11 cubic yards. That includes the steps and 85' of mow-strip.
All the dead grass area is getting rototilled next weekend and will become planter. Palms, shrubs, rocks and lots of lighting. Next will be lots of potted plants, benches and a patio table with chairs and an umbrella. I plan on an all automatic sprinkler system to boot.
I love building this kind of stuff. Just had to share.
So far the cost is $4,300, but I figure another $1,000 for all the landscape.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon
[Edited last by Ron-P on November 04, 2001 at 06:44 PM]

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Looks great Ron!! :)
I especially like the fencing and wall, did you use some kind of special brickwork for the base of the fence? Looks great for parties. I'd like to see it again when the garden is done...
Any plans to put up a scooter-like outdoor Ron-o-plex?!
------------------
McPaul.
[Edited last by Paul McGowan on November 04, 2001 at 07:03 PM]

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
It looks great indeed, very cosy and comfortable. Should be really nice in sunny, warm weather.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks guys.
No plans for a Ron-o-plex. As cool as that would be, I think the cost of all this, plus the fact we are redoing my daughters room, theres not much home improvement cash left. The brick work is nothing special. I used slumpstone, rebar in every cell and I grouted the cells also, very solid.
Neil, the best is during the chilly nights with the fire blazing.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks