What's new

THE 300 SPARTANS (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Received notification from Amazon my pre-order for The 300 Spartans will not be filled. Apparently the distributor will no longer be releasing this title on Blu-ray. At the same time Amazon.UK has posted a pre-order for The 300 Spartans with a release date of March 04, 2014. The distributor is 20th Century Fox.

This is very disappointing Amazon.Uk lists the Blu-ray as locked region B. If you don't own a region-free player you may be out of lick on this title. That is to bad I like Richard Egan, Demetrius and the Gladiators, 7 Cities of Gold, Esther and the King and several more good movies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ernest said:
Received notification from Amazon my pre-order for The 300 Spartans will not be filled. Apparently the distributor will no longer be releasing this title on Blu-ray. At the same time Amazon.UK has posted a pre-order for The 300 Spartans with a release date of March 04, 2014. The distributor is 20th Century Fox.

This is very disappointing Amazon.Uk lists the Blu-ray as locked region B. If you don't own a region-free player you may be out of lick on this title. That is to bad I like Richard Egan, Demetrius and the Gladiators, 7 Cities of Gold, Esther and the King and several more good movies.
It will most likely be region free. However, I expect Fox to sell it in the US next March too.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Robert Crawford said:
It will most likely be region free. However, I expect Fox to sell it in the US next March too.
I'm certain that it will be released next March. Fox wouldn't put the effort into this disc and not end up releasing it. They just want to maximize their earnings from this lousy film which is only marketable due to WB's 300 sequel. If it weren't for Rise of an Empire, I don't think we'd ever see this title make it to Blu.

Fox is also showing that this is mainly a cash grab designed to maximize profits by;
-Not including significant extras. Even though I'm sure nothing else was available, why not give us an HD trailer as opposed to an obvious standard def port?

-Only including the original mono, which I'm actually very happy with. I'd assumed that a remix would be included for a film of this type, though.

Hopefully this isn't just a port of the old DVD master. That master was alright, but could have looked and sounded loads better. The sound obviously came from a banged up optical master due to distortion and some crackles here and there. Hopefully if the original magnetic master wasn't used, this damage was attenuated.

I hope Fox pleases the fans of this film (of which I am not one) when this finally gets released. I may give it a second look, but I'll have to see what the March slate brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks