What's new

The ""24" Experience. (1 Viewer)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I had always had the absurd Idea to watch an entire season on "24" in one sitting. So this weekend I decided to give it a shot. Now I'm sure that I'm far from the first person to do this. I did it with season one because I haven't seen it since it first aired.

I started at the same hour of the day that the season starts at 12 midnight. Now of course there are no commercials so it's only really like 18 hours or something like that. Save for a short break around 5:30am for short walk to Dunkin Donuts for a couple of large Ice coffees and some breakfast, I sat through all of them in a row.

It really did give me a much better sense of this all happening at frenetic pace in that type of time frame. I don't think you get that from watching it once a week.

What did I learn from this???

I'm a sad and lonely man.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I think my head would explode if I tried that. The most I've watched in a row is 4 episodes, and I still took breaks.

What's fun is to start at a random time, and if you watch long enough, odds are fairly good that at some point, the time on the show will be the actual time.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't think I've ever managed to get through a season in a day, but back when I was in college we pretty much went through the whole thing in 2 or 3 days, those darn classes always got in the way. :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I rewatched Season 5 with a roommate who had never seen it before a few months ago - we sped through the DVDs over 48 hours, and it was a ton of fun, but I don't know if I could actually sit there watching all twenty-four episodes in a row. Maybe one day.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

The EXACT same quote popped into my head when I read the first post. I've watched 5 or 6 episodes in a night before, but that's about the maximum I could do in one sitting. Neat experiment, though......I guess. ;)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
At first I thought that I would probably not try this again. After having some time to reflect I really did enjoy it. I may do this again at some point with season 2.

I almost wish I hadn't done it because this may be the way I want to watch it from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks