What's new

That Darn Cat DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hello - I know the remake of this film is available on DVD, but will the original be released at some point?
Does anyone know the status of this title for DVD?

Thanks for posting!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
One can only speculate, Tim. Disney could go either way on this title: they could release it as a bare-bones "family" title in pan and scan, or as a one or two-disc special edition of some kind with Hayley Mills commentary, etc. I get very nervous about which direction they will take with titles such as DARBY O'GILL, THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN, IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS, etc. There is such a dichotomy with this company!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
One can only speculate, but I fear that That Darn Cat (along with The Ugly Dachshund) will end up sharing the p&s fate of films like Snowball Express, Blackbeard's Ghost, etc. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Well there may be hope after all, since the remake case and most sites lists the disc as P&S, but it's actually widescreen. :)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
May 3rd will be Hayley Mills day as Ultimate Disney says along with That Darn Cat thaty Summer Magic & In Search Of The Castaways will debut on dvd. All 3 are listed on Amazon with a $19.99 retail so it appears they won't get the 2 disc treatment of Parent Trap & Pollyanna but more likely the one disc barebones of Moon-Spinners. Hopefully they'll be WS though which Moon-Spinners was not. Outside of the 3 Parent Trap made for tv sequels this'll finally finish off the releasing of Hayley's Disney movies.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
She also did a television movie for the Disney Channel called "Back Home" which I would also like to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks