That Darn Cat DVD??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Osato, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Osato

Osato Producer

Hello - I know the remake of this film is available on DVD, but will the original be released at some point?
    Does anyone know the status of this title for DVD?

Thanks for posting!

2. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    One can only speculate, Tim. Disney could go either way on this title: they could release it as a bare-bones "family" title in pan and scan, or as a one or two-disc special edition of some kind with Hayley Mills commentary, etc. I get very nervous about which direction they will take with titles such as DARBY O'GILL, THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN, IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS, etc. There is such a dichotomy with this company!

3. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

any update on this, it better be WS when released or I'll be so mad at Disney [​IMG]

4. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

One can only speculate, but I fear that That Darn Cat (along with The Ugly Dachshund) will end up sharing the p&s fate of films like Snowball Express, Blackbeard's Ghost, etc. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

5. James L White

6. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

Well there may be hope after all, since the remake case and most sites lists the disc as P&S, but it's actually widescreen. [​IMG]

7. James L White

thedigitalbits.com lists it for May 3 [​IMG] no specs though

8. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

May 3rd will be Hayley Mills day as Ultimate Disney says along with That Darn Cat thaty Summer Magic & In Search Of The Castaways will debut on dvd. All 3 are listed on Amazon with a $19.99 retail so it appears they won't get the 2 disc treatment of Parent Trap & Pollyanna but more likely the one disc barebones of Moon-Spinners. Hopefully they'll be WS though which Moon-Spinners was not. Outside of the 3 Parent Trap made for tv sequels this'll finally finish off the releasing of Hayley's Disney movies.

9. MarkA

MarkA Stunt Coordinator

She also did a television movie for the Disney Channel called "Back Home" which I would also like to have.