What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was wondering where everybody was at. Imagine my surprise to find all of you here in the Testy Area 51 thread!

hide.gif

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey Den I can hear fireworks going off outside, is it the 4th of July? No it's Guy Fawkes Day! :eek:

2YnaoQ7.jpg

It's going to get worse tonight, cacophonous (I love that word) I remember our cat would freak out from all the noise. Must have been noisier and scarier during the 1940 Blitz, eh? [Dennis rolls his eyes] :rolleyes:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Penny for the Guy... there are kids waiting outside the shops, in the cold, with their home made 'Guy' asking "penny for the Guy" I wonder if they'd be happy if I gave them a penny? :) I was one of those kids... decades ago, out there in London with my younger brother. There was no Halloween in my time, that came later, copied from the Yankee Americanos. British kids love Halloween, my nephew says he prefers it to Xmas.

seasonal-celebrations-unemployment-recession-bonfire_night-guy_fawkes_night_bonfire_nights-guys-grin1395_low.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw "Thor: Ragnorok" on opening weekend. It was pretty good. I like the haircut. :) Cate Blanchett looked like she had a good time being the villainess.

I plan to see "Justice League" this weekend. I've pretty much avoided trailers. This was one of my favorite comics when I was a kid, as well as "Teen Titans".

I recently upgraded my front speakers (had my JBL towers for 20+ years). I decided on KEF because I liked the bookshelves which I got for the bedroom. Anyway, it's been quite an improvement in the spaciousness of the sound for home theater. I'm amazed that even commercials bother to have some side or height effects here and there.

I'm mad/sad because my DVR had a failure this past weekend. It was 87% full of shows and movies. Now I have to catch up on some shows "on demand", which means there are no-skip commercials. Some shows I may have to buy on DVD/blu and stream some others. They really need to store in the cloud or whatever. SOOOOOO annoying and it's wasting my time sitting through commercials.

College basketball season is here! :) My Rainbows are 3-0. :dancing-banana-04:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm mad/sad because my DVR had a failure this past weekend.

That sucks. I hate when DVRs die. It really is a major PITA.

One thing I did long ago was keep a written list of the programs I had scheduled for recording so that the next time it happened to me it would be easy to repopulate the new machine with my record list.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I forgot to follow up on the photo in post 33954 above.

That's Chaim Weizmann on the left and Emir (Prince) Feisal on the right. Photo taken in 1918 when Feisal came out in support of the establishment of Israel, although years later he recanted this support. Weizmann went on to become the first President of Israel. Feisal became the King of Iraq.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Damn. I thought for sure President Kenobi was correct.

My picture above features Ingmar Bergman and Bengt Ekerot. They made a series of 1980s comedies together...

MV5BZTNhZGFkMmUtZWRjZS00NjNlLTkxYTUtMjFmYTQ3MjUzMDYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI3OTIzOA@@._V1_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.