What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Amazingly enough I've actually seen Hirohito up close in person.

George VI probably didn't want to be King but his brother ran off with that American tart.

And what a handsome couple they were...

Edward-VIII-and-Mrs-Simpson.jpg

(Although later I sometimes doubted about Marge's true feelings.)

Edward_Marge_Simpson.jpg

Cees

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
No one in this thread is on the Westworld? Also, my buddy got an MOD disc of Nichols the James Garner western that only lasted one season. I guess he was very proud of it. 5 episodes in and it is very good.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nice Miriam Hopkins photos Mike, good to know she hasn't been forgotten. Jekyll & Hyde were big fans and who could blame them (him?).

US Election Day tomorrow and the British press are almost as obsessed as the Yanks at this particular event, as one UK news reporter put it "Americans will have to hold their noses and vote for the lesser of two evils" If it was a movie no one would believe it. :)

I watched my first Star Wars 3D movie at the weekend and I was impressed. The Force Awakens looked great in three dimensions, wearing my light-weight flicker-free passive 3D sunglasses. Spaceships flying through space look especially good in 3D, the starry background giving great depth of field and the illusion of the spaceship flying through the vacuum of space. Star Trek Beyond coming up soon, that should look good in 3D too. There are bad 3D movies that might put people off the format, Warcraft and Gods of Egypt are recent examples that failed at providing an immersive 3D experience. The Force Awakens has restored my faith in 3D.

To Catch a Thief 1.jpg
To Catch a Thief 2.jpg
To Catch a Thief 3.jpg
To Catch a Thief 4.jpg
To Catch a Thief 5.jpg
To Catch a Thief 6.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
To Catch A Thief! I know that one! didn't love it, but it's good.

After watching all the horror films last month I'm back to watching lighter fair like Louis Theroux documentaries on Scientology and Jimmy Savile. Yeash, talk about stuff to keep you up at night!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"Trump Triumphs"
Congrats to 'Mr. Brexit'.
:cheers:

Where is everyone? Where are all the droogs? Have you all commited mass suicide? Come on, it was only an election not the End of Days. :eek: Things could be worse.

Someone mentioned Westworld... I'm watching it but I'm not thrilled by it, too much chit-chat and wild west horseplay, I want to see sci-fi technology not people riding horses. The Walking Dead still holds my interest even if it's long past it's sell-by date. Fear the Walking Dead is merely a distraction, none of the characters appeal to me. I've watched a few episodes of Lucifer, lightweight but I'm enjoying it. Other series I'm still watching - Supergirl, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Shield's Agents of Marvel, hey... I just realised they're all comic book series. :D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
We had live coverage of the election on multiple channels all night here in the UK. I stayed up watching as much as I could, Clinton was in the lead when I finally fell asleep and I woke up to Trump winning! It was like suddenly waking up in an alternate universe where such things are possible. Hey don't forget they laughed at Reagan too in 1980. :)

Fuzz.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I don't blame them Russ, look what's happening in Europe. Time for a Christou anecdote, who groaned? I was on the London Underground a few weeks ago and I was sitting next to a man of 'middle-eastern' persuasion, he had a bag on his lap and he seemed agitated and sweaty. I thought my time on Earth was finally up. A bright flash and all my problems would be over. The train stopped and school children came on board, chatting and laughing. I really thought this is it, game over. At the next stop the gentleman got up and walked out. Phew!! Not a good way to live. Next time take the car! :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't blame them Russ, look what's happening in Europe. Time for a Christou anecdote, who groaned? I was on the London Underground a few weeks ago and I was sitting next to a man of 'middle-eastern' persuasion, he had a bag on his lap and he seemed agitated and sweaty. I thought my time on Earth was finally up. A bright flash and all my problems would be over. The train stopped and school children came on board, chatting and laughing. I really thought this is it, game over. At the next stop the gentleman got up and walked out. Phew!! Not a good way to live. Next time take the car! :)

Um Steve, I think you just perfectly described scared white folk. Everything you experienced had nothing to do with who the guy actually is.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh, Russ antidote: I'm always on public transit, sweaty, agitated and with a bag on my lap. It's public transport and it sucks. Who's happy on public transport?

No one thinks I'm going to blow up the bus, I'm white. You have no idea how many times I've thought about kicking the driver to death for being a prick and driving the fucking thing into the river...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.