What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Really? It's only available as a collectors box set in the US? Strange, don't they want everyone to buy it? Maybe they'll release it on its own next year?

Just checked Amazon and we're getting the box set here in the UK in november, I love the film but £47 is a little steep. I'd rather buy the Indiana Jones box set for £43. The Bond collection is £90 at Amazon, a bargain for 22 hopefully remastered films on blu-ray.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Actually, they are also releasing a 2-disc set of Lawrence in the States, but in November along side the box set.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: LoA. I'm somewhat envious of those who have the disc now. Patiently awaiting the November release here in the U.S. Is the British release region locked? Might consider amazon.uk if I get too impatient. Guess I should go check the official thread vs. speculating here in Testy.
Nice capture Steve. Thankfully there aren't any dewbacks in the background. :)
Looking at the fall television schedule, I am going to at least take a look at the following new shows:
666 Park Avenue - Like the concept and Terry O'Quinn.
Revolution - I hope I do not have to suspend disbelief too much for this show to work. We'll see.
Vegas - Maybe on the basis of the casting, maybe not.
Arrow - Green Arrow isn't as cool as Supes, but I'll try another comic based show on the CW.
Last Resort - Andre Braugher is reason enough.
Elementary - Maybe. I'm still kind of PO'd that there are moving The Mentalist to Sundays and replacing it with a conceptually similar effort.
- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thanks Walter, that was a DVD capture, I don't have blu-ray drive in my PC so I can't grab shots from my latest discs [sniff]. When I upgrade to Windows 8 or 9 I'll make sure it has blu-ray too. :)

I don't know if the blu-rays here are 'region locked', I know I can play back most of the imported US discs.

Mike, Steve has confirmed that there is a 'normal' 2-disc blu-ray of Lawrence out in november, otherwise it just didn't make any sense.

Titanic is out in 3D, forgot all about it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm going to get the big boxset of Lawrence. What th hell eh wot wot?

I'm trying to avoid TV shows. Well, realty Pawn War Picker Kitchen Hell Factor type shows anyways. Might watch Arrow but it's not exactly a wild hair up my ass. I didn't know Braugher had a new show. Loved him in Homicide, I might check it out. Other wise just Walking Dead for me. I'm nearly done with The Newsroom. It's contrived and clever and the acting is very self aware. Everyone involved knows that they are being very very clever. It still menages to be really good. It helps if you tend to agree with the main message of the show though.

Watched The Decedents last night. Not a feel good laugh riot of a movie. At all. Still a very good one. Clooney was fantastic and Beau Bridges finally got to play The Dude. 3.5/5

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
Mike, Steve has confirmed that there is a 'normal' 2-disc blu-ray of Lawrence out in november, otherwise it just didn't make any sense.
It WASN'T making any sense to me, Steve...which is why I ordered from the UK. I think it's my 3rd or 4th imported title. And...it was much cheaper than what amazon (US) has for it's price right now.

Tannehill must get himself some good inside information. He's now going to be my "go to" guy to sort this stuff out!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I've never seen Lawrence of Arabia, so the Blu will be as good a time as any.
Oh, yeah, I'm going to watch "Elementary", too. It's getting surprisingly good advance reviews. I was just looking at Jonny Lee Miller's imdb page, and I forgot he was in "Smith". Liked that show, which means it was cancelled almost immediately. One of my favorites of his is the noone-ever-talks-about-movie, "Plunkett & Macleane".
Braugher was also good in "Men of a Certain Age", but I think his "The Last Resort" character will be more in line with the kind of character he does the best. Speaking of "Men", Ray Romano was surprisingly good and didn't make me think of Ray Barone.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Not sure how Elementary can be better than Sherlock?
Sherlock is really, REALLY good, if you guys have not seen it. It has Bilbo in it, playing Dr. Watson, if you need another reason to try it.
Moving across town later this week. I am having movie withdrawals. My OCD hates seeing everything in boxes, through the house! At least it will not be 110 degrees this weekend, unlike the last few weeks! Should make for a nice temp. Watch it rain.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I haven't seen Sherlock yet, but have Season 1 on Blu.
Hope to see Arbitrage this weekend if it opens here. Looks really good.
For the first time since I was a kid, I am considering getting a cat, or cats. As a renter, I've never tried to get one as finding a suitable rental, much less one that allows pets, was too limiting. But I may be in a situation to finally buy a place. While the pet-friendly aspect again restricts the options in my price range, I would feel much more settled and able to adopt a furry friend. I've been reading about cat care and am getting a bit scared of the responsibilities of pet ownership. It also seems cats tend to do their business outside the litterbox when feeling stress or anger toward their owner. I have enough stress and OCD issues without that happening. In any case, I think it would be nice to look for a pet-friendly place to at least give myself the option anytime in the future. Making such big decisions gives me a lot of anxiety = worse OCD. (And I know a lot of us have them in one form or another.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Rick: nearly my entire collection is on boxes. It would make your head explode! It makes my head explode!

Liz, I grew up with stray cats as pets and never had any problems with them being dirty in the house. I think the males can spray around and mark their territory though my amazing cats never did it. Females are cleaner in that regard, and both of them calm down when you have them fixed I think. The only things my cats did when stressed out during a thunderstorm or something was hide under the bed or do a weird splayed out flat on the floor thing that was solved with cuddles. Cats are great in that they require pretty much no work.Set food out and keep their box clean (cats are really pompous and clean, if their litter box isn't clean they are more likely to go elsewhere) and you're pretty much set. The only negative with cats is some off them are really bossy so you might be in the mood to give them fusses and they want no part of it. The complete opposite of dogs that are in constant need of fusses at all times. My dog anyways. He's an old geezer now and gets all bawl baby if he doesn't get a fuss around 9pm. I'm on a fusses schedule! It's ridiculous!

But yeah, cats man, that's where it's at. There's a big fat ginger cat at the pet store for adoption that I would pick up in an instant if my dog could be around other animals. The cats been in adoption rotation for ages, it's sad. You should fly up and adopt him! :P

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hello Zen welcome to Testy's 10th year of existence, who would have thought huh? What's new dood? :)

I'm watching a weird Russian film called Dark World in 3D, half the subtitles are off the screen. I like to torture myself sometimes.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Well, I figured out this thing on the mobile. Lexus blocks just about every site at work. I have the new children(s) Lennon is now a 3 year old monster who thinks he is the Hulk and Quinn, our newest(and last) addition is a sweet as pie 9 month old angel dodging her brother's Hulk-like acrobatics.
I have a few pages to catch up on and have many HTF related photos to share. Good to see you old friends

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Great to see you again Zen, you have a nice family there. We had some good times back in Testy's distant past, we were a lot more active back then, younger too. Our chief aka No.6 aka Parker no longer with us, haven't seen Cees in ages and Mike is looking after Testy now.

Latest Blu-rays - Titanic 3D, 4-discs £20, Starship Troopers Invasion (CG animation similar to Appleseed, lots of violence and nudity!) £20.

Something to read, Huffington Post interview with a rather prickly Chris Evans, who plays Mr. Freeze in his latest film.

I interviewed you for "Puncture" once. You were nice.
Oh, good. Well, I became a dick, so get ready.

You just flipped me off.
I did, dude. Yes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/chris-evans-the-iceman_n_1875728.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.