Real Name
Bob Gudera
Craig Hill, Nancy Hale, and Ken Tobey ..Whirlybirds cast:
craig_hill.jpg

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Testing the Bing picture search function.
8.jpg

Was trying to identify the man in the sweater. With the trophy and Jane Withers swinging a golf club, I assume he's a famous 1940 golfer. That's Gene Autry on the right, on the set of "Shooting High"-1940.

I posted the picture in another thread and right clicked, to bring up the Bing menu which includes a choice, to search for similar pictures. The search recognized Gene Autry but not Jane Withers or the other man.

So I am breaking this picture up into separate parts to search them and to see what Bing reveals.

Jane Withers.
JW.jpg

Sweater Man.
who.jpg

Trophy.
what.jpg

OK, so after searching the separate sections: Bing was able to identify Jane Withers. Sweater Man search brought up a bunch of similar pictures of men but none of this guy. Gave up on the endless scroll. The trophy brought, another, endless scroll of silver cups with no exact matches.

Let's try a close up.
who2.jpg

No Results at all came up, with the close up.

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Trying to see if I can identify, with Bing search, if Ann Blyth wore this outfit in an MGM movie, around 1954.

crop test.jpg

Result: Bing search recognized Ann Blyth but not the outfit.

Now searching Bing for a possible Elizabeth Taylor movie, same time frame.
et.jpg

Result: Bing knew it was Elizabeth Taylor, but nothing with that dress came up.

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Dave, thanks. Nothing came up. But I'll use google image and tineye for future picture searches.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I recently realized you can post short, downloaded YouTube videos, on the HTF, like the Ozzie & Harriet videos above. I usually embed videos from YouTube in HTF threads. Some of them disappear, later, if YouTube removes them.

Clips uploaded from your computer posted to HTF by the Attach Files button should stay on HTF forever. Clicking on the three dots gives you a menu that enables you to download the clips like this from the HTF.

If I edit out a short section from within a longer video, when posted, the video shows a starting picture frame, like the O&Hs above.

But when I upload the beginning of a YouTube clip to show the opening credits and music of a movie, I get a black screen, sometimes. The video is there, you have to press play to see anything.

So, I am going to try to edit into the front of some videos to see if I can get a picture to show. Also, I want to do some file size tests to see if I have to make some clips two-parters.

I'll have to Post Reply to see what's happening. When I am finished, I won't leave any videos behind, since I'm using them in another thread.

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Using Bing search to try to identify the woman in the picture by cropping out Dean Martin and Jim Garner.

Dean Martin and James Garner.jpg

crop.jpg

No luck! The full picture got two hits, but the woman was not identified.

Trying another, with and without Rick and David Nelson.

BaseballRickyDavid.jpg

BaseballRickyDavid2.jpg

No luck, again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks