What's new

TERMINAL ISLAND ON BLU-RAY DISC! (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm not enthusiastic about sleazy movies. It's just not my type of film, but every now and then one does arouse my interest because of some element unconnected with the subject matter.

Every since watching a few episodes of Vegas on TV, I've been intrigued by Phyllis Davis and have wanted to watch her other work. She made a film called Terminal Island which, I gather, is a sleazy women-in-prison exploitation film. There have been a few DVDs but comments on Amazon have put me off buying.

Now, believe it or not, it's coming out on Blu-ray disc! Well, I'll buy it. It's possible I'll watch it only once, but I'm going to buy it!

Terminal Island.jpg

Attachments

• Terminal Island.jpg
    Terminal Island.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 100

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Marta Kristen (Lost In Space) and Jo Morrow (Our Man In Havana) are in it too as well as Tom Selleck. I'm in! Phyllis Davis was also in Russ Meyer's Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls too but I'm sure you already knew that.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's been shown twice on TCM in the past year (as part of their "Underground" series late Saturday nights). Also featured in the cast: Tom Selleck's future Magnum P.I. costar Roger E. Moseley.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Marta Kristen (Lost In Space) and Jo Morrow (Our Man In Havana) are in it too as well as Tom Selleck. I'm in! Phyllis Davis was also in Russ Meyer's Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls too but I'm sure you already knew that.

One of these days I'm going to hold my nose and buy Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls which I've never seen.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
This disc has been available for many months from Code Red DVD's Big Cartel webstore. (I have a copy.) Some Code Red releases are now becoming available through other distributors. This title might be one of them.

I didn't know that. I learned about this disc from a Screen Archives email. I got the impression it was a new release. Perhaps it's new to Screen Archives.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This Code Red disc is taken from an archival print and of dubious rights. Vinegar Syndrome own the rights and have a restoration taken from the negative. Their previous restoration is the one that shows periodically on TCM. They have a newer restoration, no release date set since this Code Red one has killed some of the demand.

I'll wait for the Vinegar Syndrome release.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
This Code Red disc is taken from an archival print and of dubious rights. Vinegar Syndrome own the rights and have a restoration taken from the negative. Their previous restoration is the one that shows periodically on TCM. They have a newer restoration, no release date set since this Code Red one has killed some of the demand.

I'll wait for the Vinegar Syndrome release.

I watched the Code Red disc today. The picture quality is poor by Blu-ray standards. Many of my DVDs have better picture quality.

I enjoyed the film more than I expected so I will watch it again in the not too distant future.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Vinegar Syndrome are releasing another Phyllis Davis Blu-ray disc in late January: Sweet Sugar. I understand this also is a women-in-prison-on-an-island movie. I'll be interested in this too. I hope the picture quality is better than on the Code Red disc of Terminal Island.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Vinegar Syndrome are releasing another Phyllis Davis Blu-ray disc in late January: Sweet Sugar. I understand this also is a women-in-prison-on-an-island movie. I'll be interested in this too. I hope the picture quality is better than on the Code Red disc of Terminal Island.

It's the same disc as the LTD, minus the slip cover. I thought it looked great. Superior to the old VHS I had previously seen anyway haha.

DeanHarris

Agent
Real Name
Dean Harris
I didn't find out about the Sweet Sugar release until it was sold out, so I'm psyched that I'll be able to get a copy soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks