What's new

"Tenspeed and Brown Shoe" (1980) - Paramount !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I can't be the only person tired of waiting for this excellent show, I mean, it stars Jeff Goldblum for crying out loud ! Stephen J. Cannell wrote it, and it features Mike Post's finest theme music (and that says a lot).
Come on Paramount, it's just a pilot and 1 season, if something like "Wings" (1990) can be released, surely so can this TV classic.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
It's produced by Cannell and if he owns the show and puts it out you can be sure it will be a botch job just like all of his other releases have been.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
What was wrong with The A-Team? Lack of extras aside, that is. And I seem to recall that Greatest American Hero was fine too.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

The "A-Team" was handled by Universal. "Greatest American Hero", "21 Jump Street", "Hunter" etc. were handled by Anchor Bay and contain music replacements, edited episodes etc. Thank goodness Universal is handling "The Rockford Files" or else Cannell would have been complicit in hacking that up as well. If it is ever released, I'm glad he won't be part of a "Toma" release either.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Not to mention Wiseguy, a great show which has also turned into a debacle on DVD. It's one thing to replace music because of music publishers asking for an enormous fee. But Cannell is just too lazy to even bother asking about the fee. He just takes it all out without even trying.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Well, I don't think there's music to replace in this show, and as long as the theme's intact. ;)
Besides, the owners here would be Paramount, not Cannell right ?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Remember this was the first show I was ever bummed about it being cancelled, it was a fantastic series that should have been on Longer.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
According to Imdb, Paramount had distribution rights to this show. (Universal had distribution rights to "A-Team"; most of the other Cannell shows are owned solely by Cannell.) So a DVD release wouldn't be handled by Cannell himself, which is the good news; the bad news is I doubt it's on Paramount's radar.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Paramount is so damn big now that who knows if they even realize they own it. Paramount is like having a giant library that no one can enter. Hey, at least there's 5 TV companies. Music, they're down to 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks