Tempest best way to go???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew S, May 29, 2002.

1. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

I always hear people raving about Tempests and Shivas and other comparable drivers, specifically about how cost-efficient they are. But I live in Canada so the $150 for a Tempest (which I wouldn't hesitate to use based on all of the feedback at the forum) is closer to $275 for me. I do not doubt their performance at all, but just wonder if there are any better alternatives more suitable for Canadians.
    I would like to build a sub that I could use in my house for movies and music (I have a dolby pro-logic setup so

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

There is an Adire dealer in Ontario now. Give him a shout and he'll save you some money on brokerage and shipping.

I know of nothing that can compete with the Tempest or Dayton DVC15" that is available in Canada.

Trust me, you won't regret it. You'll spend less than a Paradigm PW2200 would cost you and it will be able to walk all over it.

3. Ron D Core

Ron D Core Stunt Coordinator

What about www.blueprintdrivers.com the 1503 cost significantly more and takes allot of power, but for the money its pretty killer.

4. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

The original SVS driver is typically available for US$40 plus shipping.

I got a used SVS driver for around CDN$75 shipped from a fellow BCer.

Dave

5. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

Buying a couple SVS drivers was an original thought, but they seem to be getting more and more scarce and I don't plan on buying a driver(s) for at least 3 months so I figure by that time they'll be even more scarce. Who knows what will happen in 3 months though I suppose.

6. Jeff Rosz

Jeff Rosz Second Unit

in 3 months adire's new BTTW woof should be real close to being reality. maybe, i hope, heh. save those canadian pennies.