What's new

Tempest best way to go??? (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I always hear people raving about Tempests and Shivas and other comparable drivers, specifically about how cost-efficient they are. But I live in Canada so the $150 for a Tempest (which I wouldn't hesitate to use based on all of the feedback at the forum) is closer to $275 for me. I do not doubt their performance at all, but just wonder if there are any better alternatives more suitable for Canadians.
I would like to build a sub that I could use in my house for movies and music (I have a dolby pro-logic setup so

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
There is an Adire dealer in Ontario now. Give him a shout and he'll save you some money on brokerage and shipping.

I know of nothing that can compete with the Tempest or Dayton DVC15" that is available in Canada.

Trust me, you won't regret it. You'll spend less than a Paradigm PW2200 would cost you and it will be able to walk all over it.

Ron D Core

Stunt Coordinator
What about Link Removed the 1503 cost significantly more and takes allot of power, but for the money its pretty killer.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
The original SVS driver is typically available for US$40 plus shipping.

I got a used SVS driver for around CDN$75 shipped from a fellow BCer.

Dave

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Buying a couple SVS drivers was an original thought, but they seem to be getting more and more scarce and I don't plan on buying a driver(s) for at least 3 months so I figure by that time they'll be even more scarce. Who knows what will happen in 3 months though I suppose.

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
in 3 months adire's new BTTW woof should be real close to being reality. maybe, i hope, heh. save those canadian pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks