What's new

Karaoke setup (1 Viewer)

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Mods: Feel free to direct this thread to a correct forum as I don't know where to post it.

I got a few questions about karaoke setup. Here is a list of my equipments:
Pioneer 1014 receiver
JBL studio all around + Tempest sub
Pioneer 563 dvd player
Cheapie Apex dvd player with karaoke option (2 mics)
Stereo amp 150W x 2 @ 8 ohm
2 microphones

For movies/music, I'm using the Pio 563 player with optical cable connecting to digital DVD input on the receiver (great sound). For karaoke, I'm using the Apex player with Coaxial cable going in digital CD input, and 2 rca outputs going in 2 rca inputs on the receiver. When I play the songs on the Apex player using digital signal, everything sounds great but then I can't use the microphones. There's no sound on the mic. When I switch to analog signal. The microphones work but music is so thin/weak. I have to really crank up the volume which sometime cause the unpleasant mic screeking sound. how can I go around this? How can I use the microphones w/ digital signal? Is it possible? Do I need a mixer? What is the best way to setup this up? Any suggestions will greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Al,

JunoVazquez

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know you cannot use the mics with the digital signal. The mic mixer built in the APEX dvd player will not provide a good result. I recommend the purchase of a mixer Audio2000 or Vocapro. The system that I have now is the Magic Mic.

I had a pioneer receiver and a VocoPro mixer. I used the tape monitor loop feature on the receiver.... did this work.. it will but you'll experience problems on high volumes. If you are into Karaoke or love to entertain guests with it... buy the Magic Mic, it doesn't get easier than that.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
What brand and model would you recommend for a mixer? I wouldn't want to spend more than $200. Thanks.

Al,

JunoVazquez

Stunt Coordinator
I had the Audio 2000, it's a great pre-amp/mic mixer. AKM 704. Go to a karaoke shop and test one. You can get a mixer within the $200.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
I could get this mixer, Vocopro DA-900 karaoke mixer preamp 10Band EQ, for less than $110. Is this a good/decent mixer for karaoke? Any help will greatly appreciated. Thanks.

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I have a very similar setup.
Pioneer 563a DVD player,
Vocopro DA-2050K karaoke mixer,
Pioneer VSX-45TX receiver,
Paradigm Studio 20 speakers and Tempest Sub.

For karaoke: DVD to the Vocopro via analog cables, then vocopro to the receiver CD input.

For movies: Digital Coax from DVD player to the receiver DVD input.
Works great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks