What's new

Tears of the Sun: R3 Superbit...Any Thoughts or Reviews?? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I just found it here:

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=25368

This is due out on Dec. 28th. Are there any reviews of the title yet? Being a R3 superbit, it should play on R1 playes also, so I was wondering how the picture and sound compare to the previous releases, which featured both a great transfer and soundtrack. Can anyone comment?

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I just put in my order, it'll be released on Jan. 25th. I remember liking the movie, but was kinda disappointed with the Dolby on the R1. Hopefully the DTS will be an improvement.

If anyone would like I review of the DVD once I get it, let me know here.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
If you could let me know your thoughts on the release, I'd appreciate it. I thought the previous DVD had a pretty good DD track and the picture quality was great also, but a title such as this is perfect for the superbit format. The film itself is actually quite good, and somewhat underrated.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit

First of all, what do you mean by this? Can you play R3 titles in a R1 DVD player?

Second of all, I disagree about this being a perfect title for a Superbit. I think Superbit titles should be movies that are a bit older and in desperate need for a restoration. Movies that have been released rather recently often doesn´t need a Superbit treatment. Tears Of The Sun is such a title. The "standard" edition is good enough. Just adding a DTS track isn´t making that much of a difference. They will most likely use the same sound mix as for the DD track. No, I think it´s a waste to release these kind if titles when there are so many other, older, titles that need for Superbit treatment.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
The R3 superbit titles are authored to play in R1, R3 and I think another region (but don't remember off the top of my head which one)...though they are not labeled as such.

Ron

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Not all of them are R3 & R1. Most of them are, however.
For example, Men in Black SB from Korea is R3 yet MIB2 is R1,3,4 BUT the bonus features disc is only R3,4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks