What's new

Teac AG-D200 with Logitech Z5500 sub problem (1 Viewer)

mothos

Auditioning
Real Name
Mattias Savallampi
I'll start of with introducing my equipment, my skill, and my problem, just to make things easier for everyone. I'm a proper amateur when it comes to the audio scene. I have a slight difficulty to get the language, and my understanding of electronics and cables is definitely limited. So I will apologize in advance if I by any chance say something wrong or mix things up. I run a Logitech Z5500 as a base with a pair of Proson Libra 804 in the front. Just bought a Teac AG-D200 receiver to take it up a notch. This is all hooked up to a computer (I'm a poor student. A proper TV has to wait) that runs a Auzentech HDA Xplosion 7.1 audio card. So think I plugged everything in, and I did a speaker check and everything seems to be in place except for the subwoofer. That piece of black box is completely silent. I'm going to try and explain how I connected everything. From the computer I run a coaxial cable to the BD/DVD port of the receiver (for simplicity's sake). From there I run all satellites in each and every direction. Then we get to the sub, which is a piece of work in itself. To start with, for those who may not be familiar, the sub works (I guess) like a receiver of its own. In the vanilla setup, all satellites are connected through it. The control interface, which looks like a silvery monolith of pure angst, also handles input. From the monolith runs a fastened cable down to the sub, and the contact looks like a bit like a normal VGA cable (not sure if it is though). Alright, so I was out to buy a 3,5mm - > RCA cable, but the store I went to only had 3,5 -> 2 RCA, so I got that one and an 2:1 adapter, thinking it would work. So I run the RCA from the receiver's pre-out subwoofer port to the monolith panel, plugging it in the orange 3,5mm port that says center/sub. I test my sound but there's nothing from the box of boom. Help me internet! I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I will supply you with any information I can. If needed I can also take pictures.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't have the slightest idea "how" you bought a 1/8th-RCA and a splitter. You only need the 1/8th-RCA. Then it is a matter of determining if the white or the red is sub vs center. On top of that, it also matters what frequency response the Logitech even has. What it is "bottom"? Is it lower than the lowest crossover you get to pick in the Teac? Can you even pick the crossover? Basically...the Logitech probably doesn't do much of anything below 100hz(and I'm being generous). So, if the Teac doesn't give you a choice...it probably has a 120hz crossover... So, in a sense...the Teac may be sending what the Logitech can't do anyway.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How much is that Teac, and where do you get it? Looks like it is a clone of the Onkyo NR414 minus the networking and the AG500 is the NR515.

mothos

Auditioning
Real Name
Mattias Savallampi
Thanks for replying! I might as well point out that I'm a Swede. Bought it through an online store called DustinHome.se. Originally it was ~$600, but it was on sale so I got it for $450. As of your earlier reply, I'm not familiar with the term Crossover. But from what you said, I tryied the red/white cable separately but it didn't work.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
http://www.teac-audio.eu/en/products/ag-d200-87833.html?tab=Details In "technical details"...go down to "other features". First thing listed are your crossover choices.

mothos

Auditioning
Real Name
Mattias Savallampi
Alright, cheers! Using a quick google I found out that the Z5500's crossover is 150Hz. The handbook should cover how to set it properly, right? Or should it by any chance fix itself automatically, showing that I have messed up something else?

mothos

Auditioning
Real Name
Mattias Savallampi
Solved! Took my screen and plugged it in to the receiver, pressed the setup button and found the spot were you set Crossover frequency. It all works like a charm now! Wouldn't have been able to do it without you. Thanks a bunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks