What's new

Tea Leoni - why so un-popular? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Every time I see her name mentioned, it's in reference to how bad an actress she is, or how she ruined this film and that film. Why? She wasn't too bad in Deep Impact IMO. And I thought she was rather good in Flirting with Disaster. Am I missing something? Why all the antagonism? Or, have I just made it all up? :b

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
She Stole the X-Files from Canada!
ROFLMAO That's a statement :) I think DD also liked to complain about the weather up there.
I thought she did a fine job in Bad Boys, so I've got no complaints about her, she's been off giveing birth to DD's kids thus fewer movies (she was on the Today show a few weeks ago)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Every time I see her name mentioned, it's in reference to how bad an actress she is, or how she ruined this film and that film.
You and I must read different sources. She got nothing but praise for her work in Hollywood Ending. In fact, she's about the only thing in the movie that most people seemed to like.
The only critical comment I remember hearing was from one of her high school teachers, who happens to be a friend of mine. But that had nothing to do with her acting. :)
M.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I had got the same impression Paul had, that she was unpopular, the flaming against her seemed to peak with Jurrasic park III and The family fan, although I couldn't see why she was so bad in those movies either. It seems to me sometimes though that if people don't like a certain movie, they tend to lay all the blame on a few actors, and Teo Leoni got more than her fair share of criticism for a while.

That's my recollection at least.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth, I love everything about that girl. I watch "The Family Man" at least once every 6 months just so I can imagine MYSELF married to that beautiful woman.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I feel like Evan does, and might even have to buy "Family Man" just for the same reasons... :) I envy David Duchovny alot.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
remember that show "the naked truth" she starred in? (at least I think that was her lol) I used to watch that show just for her :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
My wife has a theory about this (she despises Tea Leoni by the way). She thinks there are female celbrities that women tend to like, and ones that women tend to hate but men still love.

Tea Leoni is on her list of men like her/women hate her. Her reasoning is that she just has "bitch aura." She freely admits it may add up to jealousy, but that doesn't explain some of the women on her lists. For example:

Men Love/Women Hate
Pamela Anderson
Jessica Alba
Carmen Electra

Women and Men love:
Gillian Anderson
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Sandra Bullock

She can't verbalize her theory any better than that, but I think it has some credence.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
There obvious differences between the two groups. Members of the first are all body and seemingly little else, while members of the second have much more going for them. Women, just like men prefer the latter.

--
Holadem

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Did you guy's see her in Bad Boys!?
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

She also did a t.v. movie a few years ago called The Counterfeit Contessa and she was drop dead gorgeous in that, and very good too. And forget The Naked Truth! Did you see that short lived series she did a few years back called Flying Blind!? :eek:

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Her performance is DEEP IMPACT rates as all-time-worst. Have you ever noticed she never opens her mouth when she talks? She mumbles in every movie she is in.:D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Did you see that short lived series she did a few years back called Flying Blind!?
Absolutely! You beat me to mentioning it, John. A wonderful one-season wonder from Fox. When I interned at the Fox affliate in Orlando, one guy had a big Flying Blind poster with a beautiful picture of Tea Leoni that I wanted soooo bad. I never had the guts to ask him if he might be willing to part with it.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Work, what work???
I personally love her legs. She isn't the greatest actress, but IMO her legs make up for that ;)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've never liked her much, but I've never disliked her much either. She looks way too much like Tom Cruise for me to be comfortable watching her though (I think I posted a thread about that a long time ago in the Movies section). :laugh:
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks