What's new

Taxi Driver sequel (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
"Taxi Driver" does not exactly cry out for a sequel. I can't imagine anyone thinking this would be a good idea.

And while I know there are many fans of Scorsese's recent work, I'm not one of them. As for DeNiro, well... throwaway comedies and voicing animated characters seems to be his current stock-and-trade. And didn't Paul Schrader/Scorsese sorta revisit this turf with the forgettable "Bringing Out the Dead" a few years ago?

After this, maybe they can all team-up for a sequel to "Last Temptation of Christ".

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Eh... perhaps when Scorcese finally gets his crown this winter, he will abandon this ludicrous idea...

--
H

DeeF

Screenwriter
If they made a sequel to Raging Bull, they could call it:

Raging Bull II: More Bull

:D

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Good one, Dee. :D

I'm with most of the posts here that say it wouldn't
be a good idea to make a sequel to Taxi Driver. It's
a terrific film that needs no extensions.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I also like it Dee.

I'm all for De Niro and Scorsese working together.

Just not on Taxi Driver 2

"It's time to get back in the TAXI!"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, and if someone asks him to go slower than 50mph, he kills them.

Good idea, Dee, but how about we go this route?

Raging Bull II: Electric Bullgaloo? ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I was thinking that Martin could make an epic three hour tale of the trouble & tribulation of LaMotta's acting career in such classics as The Hustler and......Maniac Cop! Call it Raging Bull: Battle for SAG.

Or if DeNiro isn't going to be in it then you could make it half CGI & call it Raging Bullwinkle....I may not be as young..I may not be as fast..but I'll tell you this chump, I can still pull a rabbit out of my hat!!!(slow-mo flashbulbs go off around the close up of the sweaty, bloody & bruised moose...music stirs).

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it sucks when so many people are constantly praising a movie that you found underwhelming and/or dull. I have the same problem with Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, and Lord Of The Rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks