What's new

Switchbox for RCA cables? (1 Viewer)

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I'm planning on getting this http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=14309 to connect the soundcard to the receiver. However, the 8 analog inputs are already occupied by the Toshiba XA2. I need another set of analog inputs, and was thinking of something like a switchbox that has 2 sets of RCAs in and 1 set out.

I'd connect the XA2 and the soundcard to the inputs, and connect the outs from the box to my receiver. There would be 16 individual RCA ins, and 8 outs, to get 7.1 sound.

Does anybody know of such a switchbox?

Thanks,

Vivek_IVB

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, not clueing in - do you want to send 2ch or multichannel to your receiver? If your soundcard has digital out, and your receiver has digital in, you could just send the sound over the digital channels and not deal with all those cables.

I have my HTPC double-connected: I use
1) the regular headphone/line out for 2ch analog audio (ie, mp3 files) to my whole-house-audio matrix switcher (used to have a Xantech ZPR68, now I have a nuvo concerto)
2) s/pdif digital coaxial out for surround sound directly into my receiver, for movies.

In theory, I could have connected 6 or 8 analog cables for the surround sound (5.1 or 7.1), but using a single digital cable is cleaner and I can use the superior DAC in my receiver.

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
I want multi channel from the computer to the receiver. My soundcard doesn't have spdif, or I'd have used that. I think the better way for me now is just to get a newer sound card, so I just ordered the auzentech 7.1.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks