What's new

Swiss Family Robinson reviews? (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I will be buying these discs shortly as well. But I'm anxious to know, who specifically do the commentaries on each one?
"Old Yeller" has actors Tommy Kirk, Fess Parker, and Kevin Corcoran and dog trainer Bob Weatherwax. "Parent Trap" and "Pollyanna" both feature commentaries by Hayley Mills and writer/director David Swift. "Swiss Family Robinson" features commentary by director Ken Annakin and actors Tommy Kirk, James MacArthur and Kevin Corcoran.

Regards,

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
No carping from me....in fact I'm quite impressed. I have viewed the extras on Parent Trap and Pollyanna and skimmed the movie commentaries. True, you can't access the commentaries "on the fly", but it is a wonderful presentation, and I love the video/audio system test, too.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks Ken!

on a slightly off-topic note, I had thought Kevin Corcoran had died in the seventies of a drug overdose, but now I realise that was Bobby Driscoll in 1968. Very sad, but it will make these Vault Disney releases more pleasant to watch knowing that he's okay.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
on a slightly off-topic note, I had thought Kevin Corcoran had died in the seventies of a drug overdose, but now I realise that was Bobby Driscoll in 1968. Very sad, but it will make these Vault Disney releases more pleasant to watch knowing that he's okay.
On a sad note, David Swift did pass away last New Years Eve.

Regards,

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
What a shame. Didn't know that Swift had died. In one of the behind the scenes extras they talk extensively about his career in the animation end of things, and then live action directing. Very sharp, interesting man. Looks like they got his wonderful commentary just in time.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I bought all 4 of these at costco. I was on the fence about pollyanna, but the GF said we had to get that one. the other 3 were must owns. I will watch all of these this weakend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks