What's new

Sweet acoustic guitar concert last night (1 Viewer)

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
I saw two killer acoustic guitar players last night at a small theater. Laurence Juber played in Wings in the late 70's, the other guitarist was Muriel Anderson. WOW!!! They played everything from original music to classical pieces, to a little bluegrass, and some Beatles songs. I don't know if it's cool to post a link, but in the case of Laurence Juber...it wouldn't be hard to guess his URL;)
Really great material that would be stellar in hi rez.

Mark_Waldrep

Stunt Coordinator
Ron and all,

Laurence Juber is one of those rare musicians that is capable of absolutely amazing virtuosity AND compositional/musical sensitivity. So many guitarist merely repeat motives or licks...LJ has the intelligence to write and arrange without falling into cliches.

It was those attributes that drew me (a wanna be guitarist) to seek him out and pitch a high-resolution project. To my delight, he consented. The result is a DVD-Audio/Video hyrbid project that is completely loaded with features and music. This is one of my favorite releases thus far...it has received A+ and 5 star reviews in print and online. Guitar Noir contains a guitar master class, demos of acoustic instruments, a printable lead sheet, bio and multiple camera angle performance.

A near perfect recording of LJ with acoustic bass and percussion. He was so impressed with the sonics of this project that he has worked with us several times since. A Christmas DVD-Audio (with 4 other studio guys) and a blues record with Steve Pierson called Blueshead.

You're right, he's an amazing guitarist and great performer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks