What's new

Swans & Jarboe. Any fans out there? (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Is there anyone familiar with the band Swans or Jarboe? I would love to chat with ya!

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Robert_eb,
I am a huge Swans/Gira/Jarboe fan. While I like the rawer sound of most Swans, their delicate works are also quite good. Michael Gira's Drainland album, especially the song 'Blind,' is phenomenal. The Angels of Light are almost folk rock/prog, Jarboe's stuff is beautiful.
I was happy they re-released much of their early material independently, however much of the material from 'Burning World' was ommited from 'Various Failures.' That album is their most accessible and it's also out of print. I am not overtly familiar with the band's full history or their politics.
I don't have a favorite song/album per se, but I find their music unforgiving, uncompromising and brutal in its originality. There is a confessional quality to all their works that runs counterpoint to most of the fluff out there.
For anyone reading this thread, I suggest going Link Removed to get some basic information on Swans.
Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks