What's new

Stop Making Sense (1984)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Title: Stop Making Sense (1984)

Tagline: Why stop making sense? Why a movie? Why a big suit? Where do the odd movements come from? What will the band do next?

Genre: Music, Documentary

Director: Jonathan Demme

Cast: David Byrne, Tina Weymouth, Jerry Harrison, Chris Frantz, Bernie Worrell, Alex Weir, Steven Scales, Ednah Holt, Lynn Mabry

Release: 1984-11-16

Runtime: 88

Plot: A concert film documenting Talking Heads at the height of their popularity, on tour for their 1983 album "Speaking in Tongues." The band takes the stage one by one and is joined by a cadre of guest musicians for a career-spanning and cinematic performance that features creative choreography and visuals.

Now newly restored in 4K and in theaters where I saw it today.

I was not a huge Talking Heads fan heading into this concert film, but hearing good things about this film I decided to give it a chance. I was surprised that I actually knew 30% - 40% of the songs, especially 'Psycho Killer' and 'Burning Down The House'. If I was 5 years older I probably would be more familiar with this band. They gave a great show.

I was aware of this film because of recent videos posted by audio gear reviewer, John Darko, where he talks about the live album from the film.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It actually was this film that got me into Talking Heads. I was not really into them at the time, this film came out and some friends wanted to go see it, and I was really impressed with the band and the film. Demme captures the moment perfectly.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks