What's new

svs subs (1 Viewer)

dennis glasney

Auditioning
Thanks to one and all for your warm welcome to this forum and for all the info on the svs subs. Do i understand correctly that if i go with the plus series with the samson amp that i will not have phase or crossover capabilities. If these were an issue i would be limited to the pci series.with the samson I would control crossover through my 49-tx ? pro's and con's on both appreciated . thanks again

RajeeK

Second Unit
I have a 49TX and use the receiver for control of the subs. I set the crossover at 80Hz and they sound wonderful. I am amping the SVS's (Dual 16-46+'s) with the Samson S1000. You don't need any special crossovers or anything. The amp does it for you. As far as phase, you can just switch the polarity at the samson or subs by just swiching the +/- connections.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Ya, I love my 49TX also. Wait till you get some SVS's to add to you setup. Prepare for an earthquake. They are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Even with the recent onset of user adjustable crossover points for speakers...barring something unusual...80hz(or higher)tends to work best.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks