What's new

SVS Port Blocker (1 Viewer)

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
OK.....
It's Friday... time to play....I'm trying different things with my 20-39 PC+, however, I CAN'T GET THE COVER OFF!!!! I want to try the sub with one port blocker in. Can I sort of pry it off with a flat head screw driver?

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
I just went and tried mine again. It is a bit tight, but I was able to do it. Hold it tight against your chest and use both hands (finger tips actually) to lift up across from your chest. If you need to pry with something just be careful you don't tear the fabric or scratch the metal. It you do cause a blemish, you probably won't see it if it is on the back side.

Good luck..

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I just did that yesterday on my 2531PC+. I haven't re-calibrated yet though. I used a micro flathead screwdriver, a little on the back, then the front, then the back. It is a SNUG fit, to say the least!

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
The whole cover comes off, including the outer metal ring, not just the perforated grill.

You have to get your fingers under the outer edge of the metal ring and pry up slowly. You might have to try a few spots before it starts to come up. It will move with considerable difficulty at first, and then it will suddenly get much easier, so be ready to keep it from flying up.

Don't forget to set the SS filter to 16 Hz when you plug one port. I never found the need to plug two ports. My 20-39PC+ remained ruler flat to 11 Hz in my room with only one port plugged (with the SS filter set to 12 Hz for testing purposes only).

Ed

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious what kind of DVD movies are there that have 11hz for a long period of time? what does it sound like?

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Hi Todd:
There aren't any movies that I know of that have extended bass in the 10 Hz range. If you check waterfall charts here (http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm), a few scenes in some movies and also in the THX Exploding Ball intro, hit in the 10-15 Hz range briefly.
I can't hear anything below about 17 Hz. I can feel a presure on my ears, that's about it.
When I ran my FR sweep in my HT room, it was off an 80 dB reference level at 100 Hz and the SS filter was set to 12 Hz. I wasn't looking for max output, just FR. Running an essentially continuous sweep from 10-100 Hz is an easy way to fry the voice coil if you aren't careful - the woofer has literally no time to cool off for 410 seconds.
Also, for the record I usually run my 20-39PC+ with all three ports open and the SS filter set to 20 Hz. Occasionally, I run it with a port blocker and the SS filter set to 16 Hz if I feel the source material has sufficient subsonic content to warrant it. So I do not reap the benefits of being flat to 11 Hz for normal HT playback. I'm more interested in protecting the woofer from bottoming, and this is a trade-off I'm more than willing to accept. I'm probably getting 98% of any DVD with the SS filter set to 20 Hz.
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks