What's new

svs pb1-isd vs. Klipsch rsw-10 (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I have a fairly large room, and the sub will be about 15 feet away from the viewing area. Which of these would be better? The klipsch has a 10" driver with a 1150 watt BASH amplifier. The svs has a 12" driver but only a 320 watt amp. Does the amount of wattage make a bigger difference, or does the size of the driver make it sound better? Thanks for your help.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Brad..I've owned 2 svs's, and can tell ya I am happy as can be...I would be willing to believe the SVS would be very likeable if you were to try it out...Me, buying one without hearing it as many have to do was risky...well all I do is pay for shipping back (30 bucks) but No way would I do that:) Now with the B4+ in house, I'm glad I went this route, and all I can say is give it a whirl! tl..ps...ya might want to email tom v. from SVS with room size etc...he will be straight forward and won't over/undersell ya!

[email protected]

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
The SVS is the superior subwoofer. The Klipsch rating is only the dynamic power rating, it's not what it can do continously. The RSW-10 amp does 385w continously. The SVS will be able to play lower and louder than the RSW-10 by a long shot.

Tim Hess

Second Unit
I went from KSW-12 to a 20-39 PC+

Night and Day difference.

Go with the SVS. And get the biggest one you can afford, you can always turn it down ;)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Brad,
I went from a 8" Kenwood to a 12" Acoustic Research which I thought was an improvement. Then I had the SVS 25-31PCi and now I have the 25-31PC+......go for the PSD-1....it will beat out the KSW with no problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks