What's new

SVS Excellent Service Experience (1 Viewer)

Tom Brock

Auditioning
I had a wonderful experience with SVS and am posting the exchange of Emails I had with them for all to see. I would highly recommend doing business with this company based on my experience and the quality of the speaker and the service that went with it!!!

I just received an SVS model SV20-39Pci subwoofer that was damaged in shipment using UPS. There is a hole in the box the unit was shipped in where something punctured the box and damaged the speaker housing. UPS said to contact you for you to file a claim and ask that the speaker be picked up and returned to you.
I paid for a new undamaged speaker and that is what I expect to receive. The integrity of the speaker case has been breached and you can't guarantee long-term integrity of the speaker sound wise with a repaired case! I do not want this speaker repaired and sent back to me.
I have heard great things about this speaker from the Home Theater forums and Onix, which is why I bought your unit. I hope your service lives up to the same standards as your speakers are reported to have. Thanks for your assistance in this matter!
Tom B

Hi Tom,
I'm sorry to hear about this problem with UPS. We will contact UPS to have that unit picked from you and let you know via email when the pickup is scheduled. I will have the SVS shop send out a brand new
replacement 20-39PCi today. I agree with you 100%...you paid for a new unit in new condition (not a repaired unit) and that is what SVS is going to make sure you get.
Tom V. SVS

Tom,
Thank you so much for your prompt and welcomed response to this matter! Now I hope the quality of the speaker lives up to the quality level of the service. We all have become a bit jaded by "Customer No-Service", which is all too prevalent. Thanks to SVS for being the kind of company that provides the type of customer service people expect!
Tom B

Hi Tom,
You couldn't be more welcome. UPS shipping damage is something SVS deals with...not our customers.
Tom V. SVS

Tom,
I received the replacement speaker today, just two days after I emailed you, in great condition. I have installed the new speaker and the sound is awesome! Thanks again for your immediate attention to this problem!
Sometimes experiencing a problem that the company addresses immediately and to the complete satisfaction of the customer as you and SVS have done in this case is the best measure of the quality of the company you are dealing with. I will highly recommend you to all my friends and will inform those
that frequent the HT forums of the excellent treatment I received. I hope you and your company continue to be very successful. Thanks again for your prompt and excellent service!
Tom B

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a 1646PC+. I had to send it back to SVS. They sent me a new one back in less than a week after receiving my old one. The sub is terrific and SVS customer service is even better.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I have never seen a company who has such an interest in their customers enjoyment. I've had my SVS for over a year. Twice, I have contacted them (Ron and Tom) for assistance and received almost instant help regardless how small the problem. BTW: both problems were MY fault, but they walked me through the system and fixed MY screw ups.....
Their problem or your problem... they are there to help you enjoy this fine piece of equipment.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
SVS' level of CS is UNHEARD of in this day and age. Yes, they make a great (no, make that awesome) product. But their CS is EASILY one of the primary reasons for this company's success. CS like this breeds rabid customer loyalty for life. It might sound queer, but I would actually feel guilty if I ever bought another subwoofer from any other company, because SVS has treated me THAT well. I know many other SVS owners feel the same way.

Ed

ErichH

Screenwriter
The guys at SV do something that many companys aspire to, but just don't spare the resources to get done. They really follow up with their customers.
Everyone knows how powerful this type of business practice is, but few reach the goal.
Eric

DavidSugar

Auditioning
Before mentioning my experience I must say I know absolutely nothing about speakers. Everything I have learned came from this forum over the last few weeks. I'm doing a home theater and had a million stupid questions because of my total lack of knowledge. Because of this forum I became interested in SVS which I had never heard of. I left a message on their voicemail and Tom called me back in 10 minutes and answered all of my dumb questions about subwoofers plus a bunch which had nothing to do with the subwoofers but other aspects of the planned home theater.

After reading about the fantastic customer service they offer I have decided that I owe it to myself to purchase an SVS 20-39PCi. My order will be going in within the next 2 weeks.

BTW I am using M&K speakers which do not get much mention on the forum. I have demo'ed them and they sound great for the price. I also got fast and great information from them on both the phone and e-mail. When the theater is done I will provide feedback on the whole system.

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
David,
Which M&K setup are you getting? I have been looking at the S-150's for a while now. Whenever I have had them demo'ed for me, The sound seems to come from across the wall, not from the speakers themselves. What a great feeling that is. Good luck on the new setup.

Dave

DavidSugar

Auditioning
As I am on a budget, and not an audiophile, I am looking at 3 K-7 and 2 K-5 plus an SVS 20-39PCi subwoofer. I'm sure the speakers you are looking at are even better, but I can't tell the difference.

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sold! I've read so much good stuff here about the SVS line of subs that I ordered a 16-46PC+. Note that this sub will be in one corner of my small HT. The opposite corner will have my Velo HGS-12ii. My plan is to play them both at the same time and/or play them individually, depending on what I'm watching. Ultimately I will: 1) keep them both, 2) keep just one of them if it noticably outperforms the other, 3) If they seem equal and 2 subs don't spice up the listening experience I'll sell the Velo here or on eBay. It's gonna be an interesting test! If anyone is interested, I'll post my non-audiophile findings on this forum.

- Bill

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
David,
Depending on how many cubic feet your room has, you may want to consider the 750 line. I think you can get the total package for around $1300 off ebay (there are some "authorized" sellers there, but you need to email them to get what you really want. The other thing to consider on the 750s is that the three fronts are 4ohm speakers so you need to have a pretty good receiver to run them. The K-7's sound pretty good, but for a little extra cash, the 750's are a pretty big improvement on sound.

Just my .02

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks