SVS decision help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattJP, Jan 3, 2003.

1. MattJP

MattJP Agent

Help me out guys...I am having a hard time deciding between the PCi 20-39 or the 25-31. I am not that worried about size. I listen will use it for 60/40 movies/music. I am currently running Paradigm Monitor 5's for mains, Titans for rears, and a CC370. I am buying a new reciever this week and it will either be a HK 325 or a Denon 1803 (if that matters). My impulse is to go with the 20-39 but will I be giving up anything in terms of my music listening? Please educate me on what to do...thanks.

-Matt

2. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

The 25-31 PCi will play a few db louder and not play quite as deep. I doubt you need the extra loudness, as it is barely enough to notice. I have a 16-46 PCi and am very happy with it. It plays very loud and the volume control on the sub is only at about 30%. If you buy one, plan on buying a Behringer Feedback Destroyer EQ to tame room response. It is about $120 and well worth it.

3. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    Matt,
    I have the 20-39PCi and it sounds really nice with music as well as HT. I don't think you will really be giving up anything of real significance when it comes to music and the 20-39. Like Bill said, the 20-39PCi will play lower but the bass is still very accurate and smooth.

4. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I have twin 20-39CS+ subs and I love them for music an movies.