What's new

SVS decision help (1 Viewer)

MattJP

Agent
Help me out guys...I am having a hard time deciding between the PCi 20-39 or the 25-31. I am not that worried about size. I listen will use it for 60/40 movies/music. I am currently running Paradigm Monitor 5's for mains, Titans for rears, and a CC370. I am buying a new reciever this week and it will either be a HK 325 or a Denon 1803 (if that matters). My impulse is to go with the 20-39 but will I be giving up anything in terms of my music listening? Please educate me on what to do...thanks.

-Matt

Bill Polley

Second Unit
The 25-31 PCi will play a few db louder and not play quite as deep. I doubt you need the extra loudness, as it is barely enough to notice. I have a 16-46 PCi and am very happy with it. It plays very loud and the volume control on the sub is only at about 30%. If you buy one, plan on buying a Behringer Feedback Destroyer EQ to tame room response. It is about $120 and well worth it.

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Matt,
I have the 20-39PCi and it sounds really nice with music as well as HT. I don't think you will really be giving up anything of real significance when it comes to music and the 20-39. Like Bill said, the 20-39PCi will play lower but the bass is still very accurate and smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks