What's new

svs 25-31 pci. Good choice for movies and music? (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Need a good sub for movies and music and was thinking of taking a chance on the svs 25-31pci. Is this a good all around sub?

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Todd, Let me start by saying my 25-31PCi was/is my first sub. I am very pleased with its performance with movies and music. With movies, there was no doubt that this added all the bass that I desired. With music, I see that the bass is very source dependent(certain cd's produce a lot of bass where as others do not). I have found myself going through my collection over and over again. I will also note that your experience will vary according to your other eqipment(rec, speakers, etc...).
With the 45 day return, you have a nice option that I didn't have with my local shop!
I really enjoy my 25-31PCin:D :D
Dan

Jeff Brink

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Todd,
IMO, "taking a chance" would be buying another sub BEFORE giving SVS a chance. I would sit here and rant all day about how awesome they are but all you have to do is a search for SVS on this forum and I assure you, you will be overwhelmed with positive responses. Not only are their subs incredible price/performance components, but their customer service is second to none. I have the 25-31PCi and love it. Because I have never owned a sub prior, I have nothing to compare it to and I won't waste everyone's time reading my review when I consider myself far from an expert in HT. I will, however, go out of my way to tell everyone about their customer service. I consider myself somewhat of an expert in this area, having spent the last 15 years of my life in industries that heavily rely on "good customer service". My personal buying experience with SVS, namely Tom and Ron, has been one of the best, if not the best, buying experience I have ever had - bar none. I say that as sincerely and genuinely as I can. Even though all communication I had with them was done via email and fax, it was done with extreme efficiency and with what appeared to be a genuine interest in my satisfaction. I can honestly say, it is refreshing to deal with a company that understands the importance of its customers and lives by what appears to be the "Golden Rule" motto. Sorry to ramble so much, but I made a promise to myself, based on my experience with this company, to go out of my way to promote them - as they have made me a believer!!:)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I have two 25-31's w/Samson amp and they are perfect for a mix of music and movies. It's a 50/50 mix for me and I do not regret going with SVS. I listen to a little bit of everything and these two subs never let me down. And now that I have been introduced to DVD-Audio all I can say is WOW!

The 25-31 has a few more db's up top than the other two but lose a little to them down low. But even @ 20Hz and under it's still a winner.

Give SVS a call and demo it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

My SVS's let me hear and feel the music.

Barry Barnes

Stunt Coordinator
I look at it this way. The most you can lose is about a hundred bucks if you decide to audition another sub and you have to ship one back. This isn't bad considering that's about how much Tax you'd pay on a brick and mortar sub that could compete with these Internet direct subs. Not to mention you are saving hundreds of dollars over a comparable "retail" Sub.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Todd,
The 25-31 is quite a performer for its size. Sometimes I think folks see the *25hz tuning point* and think it won't produce deep bass well. However, in an average size room...extension into the 19-22hz range is pretty common...and that is deep enough for just about anything you'll throw at it...even at very loud levels.(with the exception of the deepest pipe organ music and a few seconds of a few DVDs like TPM and Toy Story2,)
If you perform a web search,you'll see the 25-31PC(now the improved PCi)compared to a lot of other subwoofers by new SVS customers.
If you have any other questions,fire away...or feel free to email me at
[email protected]
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.