What's new

SVS, Which one? (1 Viewer)

JessyMcK

Agent
My room is 14'(w) x 21'(l) x 8'(H). The sub will be in rear corner. I'm looking for less floor space. Chocies are the 25-31 PCi or PB10-ISD. If those are not good enough to fill the room, than the choices are 20-39PCi or PB12-ISD. They will be for movies and music at moderate levels. Also the rest of the speaks are going to be Klipsch Raference Series or Kef Satallites. Please help me out, I know very little about this stuff.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I have a room that is 30' x 14' x 8'. I have one SVS 20-39PCi in it. I listen at moderate levels. It fills the room pretty good(although a little overkill wouldn't bother me). I'm sure it would be great in your room. The next size down would probably do good too. The best way to find out is to call or email SVS and ask for thier suggestions. They are the coolest. Good luck :emoji_thumbsup:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you are looking to save floorspace, one of the cylinders is probably the way to go. The 25-31 should have plenty of output for a room that size.

My room is 19x20 w/high vaulted ceilings and the PB-10 does quite well.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I had a 20-39PC (upgraded to "i") in a 30x14x8 room and it was great! I did upgrade to a PB2+ though and now have my overkill....LOL:D

Axu R

Agent
I'd say rather 20-39PCi (same cylinder-shell as Ultra) than 25-31. Goes lower, not that loud on upper levels, but still way enough. If you want to ensure the power capabilities and a better driver, 20-39PC+ it is. Your room ain't small.. (I've got PB10 in a 13x10 room, and it's plenty!)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Before pre-ordering it, I emailed Tom and Ron @ SVS since my room was large and they confirm that the SVS 25-31PCi (floor moving) sub-sonic impact w/HT (my priority) would just be glorious, ... and, ... it is!!! :D It's the best investment I've made!

Floor, couch, wall, air, pant-leg moving (@ all my seating locations) sub-sonic LFE effects when my blockbuster DVD's encoded LFE calls for it! My family and friends all love the glorious LFE tactile feel and sub-sonic impacts in I Robot and Sky Captain! Some of the felt air-moving pant-leg impacts started as low as 93 dBC @ my 'sweet spot'!

Like Frank Lee sugessted above, email SVS providing your preference, room acoustics, etc. I'm sure that either sub or any SVS that fits your budget, ... will get the job done and disturb your closes neighbor's!!! ;)

FYI: After you get your SVS, prepare to locate and silent/insulate all the vibrations in your room that you didn't know existed!!!

Phil

Here's another vote for 20-39, in the Plus model if your budget allows. I like them so much I have two.

Phil, as a fellow JBL S series and SVS owner, I like your signature!

John S

Senior HTF Member
With subs, you really should always get the meanest one you can afford that will fit in the physical location you want to put it in. That would be my only suggestion where subs are concerned especially for HT where subs have maybe the most impact on the overall system performance.

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO, all the following comments are true because if you're sure you'll stop at moderate SPL levels, any SVS sub will fit the bill. Higher levels may require dropping the PB10 from the list. I guarantee that whichever SVS you purchase, it will be more powerful than you expect. I have a PB12Plus/2 in a 23'x19'x8' room and it's overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks