What's new

SVM or what ? (1 Viewer)

Barry_R

Stunt Coordinator
I've noticed when watching letterboxed movies on my Tosh 55HX70 (4:3) that the grey bars are not even across the screen. They seem to tilt inward slightly, so that the picture is slightly smaller on the right than it is on the left. I've had a tech out to look at it and make some adjustments, but that doesn't seem to help. Is this a characteristic of scan velocity modulation, or something else ? If so, would anyone know the easiest way to disable the SVM on this set. I've checked Keohi's site but there isn't any information on this particular set

Steve_D

Second Unit
I would think its a problem with the geometry settings, all of which should be adjustable in the service or designer mode. How competent was your technician? That's not meant as a rip, its just that geometry problems can take a long time to fix properly and often involves detailed measurements or templates.
As for the SVM, Teoshi has some diagrams of how to disable it by cutting the power to the SVM module. Even though your specific set is not on there, I would bet if you opened it up the SVM board would be in the same place as on the diagrams (center gun). Again, your tech should be able to assist you with that.
------------------
Link Removed
[Edited last by Steve_D on July 24, 2001 at 10:26 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks