What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Survivor - Heroes vs. Villians (season 20) official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
There's a guy at Survivor Sucks who caps the T&A portions of the show in high resolution jpgs. Here are his caps of Amanda from last night:

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6
Pic7
Pic8

The entire thread is located here: http://survivorsucks.com/topic/65085

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ChristopherG

From freezing the frame on the preview from next week it looks like Coach is in fact the person who needs medical attention. Could be wrong....
And I believe it's JT who's throwing him down.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Boston Rob calling Russell a hobbit on crack was the line of the night.

Amanda looked insanely hot in this episode. I don't know how it's possible for someone to look that good while being stuck out in the jungle.

When Danielle jumped on the mat I was scared she might burst her implants. That would've been a Survivor first.

I'm convinced James was built in a lab. That guy is so ripped it's scary....as mentioned before, he almost looked CGI in that challenge.

GREAT EPISODE!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Late to the game here with a few thoughts.

What is with all this crying?! Guys like Boston Rob andCoach crying?!

I mean, holy shit!
Yeah, I mean I cry once in a while. Last time I cried
is when they took Golden Girls off the air. I mean, that's
justified under those circumstances.

Glad to see Ciri was blindsided. Did not like her at
all. Too dangerous.
I am also very worried about Russell. He got too greedy
looking for the hidden idol and as a result now he's a marked
man. I was really hoping that Russell would win this so he
could appoint himself "Best Survivor Player....Ever!" but I
have a feeling that he may be the next voted out from thevillains tribe.

andy10022

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
I suppose it is unwise to post without going back to the start of this thread, but I have to ask impatiently: where is Richard Hatch? He was shown in the preview episode bantering with Russell. Is he being held in reserve for some sort of surprise? But how is that a surprise when the casual viewer (me) expects to see him?

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by andy10022

I suppose it is unwise to post without going back to the start of this thread, but I have to ask impatiently: where is Richard Hatch? He was shown in the preview episode bantering with Russell. Is he being held in reserve for some sort of surprise? But how is that a surprise when the casual viewer (me) expects to see him?

Richard was approached to be on the show but could not leave the U.S. due to his on-going legal problems stemming from his conviction on tax evasion charges caused when he failed to pay taxes on his winnings from season one.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I suspect one of the reasons Russell was so upset at not winning last season is because he's not even in the running this time out. So glad Cirie is gone.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D

I get why some people don't like Cirie, but "The only thing she's good at is staying under the radar and picking off the stronger players." Isn't that the game? Knocking off the stronger players so they can't beat you? You can win the game without winning a single challenge. You can't win if you get voted off or go up against a stronger player.

The reason Sandra and Courtney hang around is because the other players think they'll have a chance later to knock them off or get more votes against them at the end. The number of chances to knock off a perceived threat at the challenges or a heavily allied player is far fewer. Gotta take them out when you can. This is especially true in an all star season where you not only have the most likable and clever players, but also the most experienced. Nobody's out there for the first time and they are all threats.

My bet isthat Russell did look for the idol without the clue. He just didn't find it so there was no use wasting camera time showing him look for it. They seem pretty packed for content as is. I think that's also the reason for combining a number of the immunity/reward challenges (if they were even combined on the island and not in the editing room). Russell is certainly a game changer. We've seen the last of the idols being hidden in plain sight or inside the center of the camps.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Well, tonight's reward challenge just took a turn for the nasty - from Colby getting snippy with Jeff, and Jeff giving it right back before the challenge even started, to James getting slammed, and Rupert tossing Jerri around like a rag doll. Everyone's attitudes just took a turn for the worse.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Too bad the Heroes simply suck at the puzzle portion of the immunity challenges. It's looking like a back-end season chillin' with the villains.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Don't think Tom was the right choice to go home. Why
have someone like James who is injured and clearly
cannot compete in physical competitions?

Russell is my all-time favorite Survivor player. Like
him or not, you got to hand it to him for taking this
show to the next level. He's certainly not someone to
be trusted, but he sure is enjoyable to watch. That
being said, I think his days are severely numbered.
He will be targeted at the next Villains tribal council
and I wonder after he plays the immunity idol if his
teammates will forget the way he just went off on
and searched for that idol on his own.

I suppose what I am saying is that once Russell is
gone, I don't find anyone else in the game that I find
to be interesting.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I, too, find it hard to believe that keeping an injured James was the smartest choice for the Heroes. Time will tell, obviously...but it really seemed as if it was just a decision based on numbers and early alliances (not necessarily on what was best for the tribe to turn things around).

It's too bad the cameras weren't better positioned on the beach for James' return to the tribe after receiving his medical treatment. A slow-motion run and embrace from Amanda (with a soundtrack of swelling strings playing underneath) might've been a nice touch.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What an ugly episode, ugly attitudes (what the hell was Colby's problem?), ugly challenge all topped off by James attitude at tribal, yeah it makes perfect sense to me to keep the guy who can't even walk let alone run.

Russell may be fun to watch but that man needs a serious lesson in humility and I really hope he gets it soon. Once again he's proving that he is far from the greatest player in Survivor history, what good is being smart and physically strong if everyone hates you at the end of the game?

I actually couldn't wait for that episode to end.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I kinda liked the group "FU" to Probst about the trays with the dinky pieces of chocolate on it.

Chocolate? For a reward challenge? Who cares?

It's kinda Pavlovian that the cast is supposed to get all ballistic over a scrap of food the size of a fingernail. I suppose it's designed to be "good television"--adding to the significance of the upcoming challenge.

I'd have to figure it should have probably screwed up the Villains' digestive tracts more than giving them anything much of nutritional value.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While I agree that chocolate as a reward isn't all that exciting it was just plain rude to give Jeff the brush off like that, I mean damn the man was only trying to give them a small sample of the reward.

They were way out of line with that I thought.

That said, give me food for a reward, not candy.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
So are candy canes, but I think the Survivors normally want protein rich foods to keep up their strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks