What's new

Survivor: China (Survivor #15) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Certainly one of the most satisfying tribal councils ever. I have a question however. What are the rules about stealing in the game. Why didn't Jaime steal one or both idols? I'm glad she didn't but was there a rule preventing her from doing so? If you hated someone in the game, could you steal all their stuff and hide it or destroy it? Ultimately such a move would be self-destructive (everyone would hate you) but could it be done?

Seeing my man James go from death row to his current position has been immensely satisfying. And he's no dummy in playing the game. His only weakness is that he seems basically trustworthy, and not much of a liar which can be a liability (but is actually an asset in the final jury voting)

Jaime and Pei Gei seemed fairly clever, if devious in throwing the challenge, but afterward expecting James to just 'forgive and forget' and ally with them was stupidity beyone words. He was a 'spy' anyway in their tribe, and any chance to enlist his support now is ludicrous.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah. I was, like, really not sure, like, how Peih-Gee would, like, even consider that James would, like, have any interest in being, like, on her side.

As for James, I'm not so sure about his game play "smarts." While I'm not sucked in by his demeanor ("one of those immunization things" :laugh: ) the editors are having us see that he seems to be getting played (manipulated) by Todd and Amanda.

I'm kinda wondering about the fact that Todd gave James HII #1 for their failed ruse of a week ago (which got mess up when Denise failed the food challenge). Wouldn't Todd (and by association Amanda & Frosti due to the incompetent bungling nature of their "discovery") be able to lay claim to at least one of those idols? Right now it seems like James has sole ownership of both.

James T

Screenwriter
In Jamie's defence, it was dark when she went through James' stuff. In the dark, it'll be easy to see that the idols look very similar (it's only the bats on the corners that differ, right?).

But that was the funniest thing on Survivor. And having James talk about it early on in the episode set it up nicely.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Jaime ever unwrapped the IIs from James' pants, just felt the size and shape of what was inside his pants (that sounded dirty, I know), and just assumed the leftover piece was another II. She should have known there wasn't going to be a 3rd II (sort of dillutes the Immunity challenges with that many IIs around to be found). But, her group isn't the sharpest tool in the shed (remember the conclusion they jump to in the swap meet of players a few episodes ago, they never thought they would also have to give up 2 of their own members, just thought the producers were going to hand them a 2-person advantage on the luck of the draw).

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
BTW,

Let me make it clear that I in no way mean to disrespect blondes as a whole. Some of the smartest people I ever met are blondes. It's just that "Blonde Jaime" was a highlight of the season for me - especially when she tried to explain her way out of it as the credits rolled.

Great TV!

(O.K. Girls, will you please untie me now?)

:D

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I was wondering why Jeff hadn't said when the idols could be played during tribal council. Also why didn't James give the idol that Todd gave him back to him?

That was hilarious when Probst threw the fake idol on the fire! Jaime was dumb to think that was the real idol. I mean, why would it just be lying on the ground. On the other hand, if it was a real idol and she didn't play it, she would have looked even more stupid.

Looks like Todd is going to try and take James out next week by making him think he is safe so he won't use one of the idols. That would take out both idols, unless James gives Todd back the one he was given before tribal council.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Because they're not JUST Hidden Immunity Idols, they're -- SECRET Hidden Immunity Idols. I think everyone knows by now, but theoretically, since only two people left in the game were acutally informed that there were immunity idols, it would be possible for no one else to know that they exist. Far be it for Probst to spill those beans.

But yeah -- how would they know how and when to play them? Maybe the directions were in the clues?

Marianne

Supporting Actor

There have been HIIs in the last few seasons of Survivor so, unless the current Survivors have never seen the show, they would assume there would be HIIs.

Also, if only 2 people left in the game were actually informed that there were immunity idols, how come Jaime came to the conclusion that this was a HII? :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I loved how Jaime said she wanted to prove she wasn't just some dumb little Jessica Simpson running around out there. Good job. :D

Oh, and Probst throwing that thing in the fire may be the best thing I've ever seen on Survivor. :emoji_thumbsup:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Jamie was one of the two who were given written clues to the whereabouts.

Since the cast wasn't told that there was a HII, they wouldn't actually know it existed until they got one of the clues or someone who got a clue told them.

If they watched previous episodes, the HII clues were hidden on Exile Island, but there is no Exile Island this iteration. So they wouldn't necessarily assume there's a secret one.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I laughed at length on that one too. :laugh:

I remember saying "that's cool" when Jeff threw that false idol on the fire. Personally, I would've listed it on ebay the day after it happened. Jaime couldn't have known it wasn't the real thing. It was worth a try. Im glad she's gone over JR.

I'm most interested in James and Todd. Excellent players!

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Hanson,

They wouldn't necessarily assume there was one - but they would have to be dumb to assume there wasn't one! :)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Classic episode to say the least!
For me, the best part was when Jamie was telling Frosty about the idol she found and seeing his face as she's saying she has it. I was literally yelling at the TV, "Don't tell her!" because I didn't want him to spoil the potential for one of the funniest moments in Survivor history. He did not disappoint. :D

As for the game, I'm actually really impressed with how John-Robert is playing the game...and no, I'm not joking. I think he's got that perfect wedge personna going. He's hated enough that people might want him as their partner in the final two, he's not quite as complete of a physical threat like James is, and he's hated by the girl who is starting to be hated by everyone else. On top of that, when Courtney and Cerie were ripping into him at tribal council, he kept his composure and remained calm. A first I didn't think he had a shot in this game, but who knows, he's definitely an interesting player to watch out for.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
James dodged a bullet in this episode. Todd's plan to take him out was probably wise. James will likely win many immunity challenges and if not he has two "get out of tribal free cards" in the immunity idols. I can't figure out why Todd subverted his own plan and jumped to JR.

James is in a supremely powerful position. All he need do is tell everyone that he will either win immunity or use idols in all successive tribal councils, then use his immune position to broker his vote in tribal to win friends and allies.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Nice to see this conversation make it off the editing room floor! :D I figured that HAD to be on Todd's mind.

Are we to believe, that if Erick hadn't told JR that James had the two immunity idols, that potentially JR might have played one of the meaningless hunks of wood as an immunity idol at TC...just like Jaime the week before?!?! THAT would have really been the icing on the cake. :laugh: Too bad Erick tried to make a play and ruined the fun.

And, after the TC vote, Denise must be thinking about just how far out of the loop she is right now. Not only wasn't she picked in the school-yard pick'em for the teams to play in the reward challenge...but she was the only one who wasn't in on either of the two major TC efforts to vote off James or JR. But...someone in my house also pointed out that she is also one of the few whose name never comes up for elimination. She definitely seems to be doing some serious flying-under-the-radar.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Todd should have a word with James and tell him that if he doesn't give him back one of the idols, then he will tell everyone that James has two idols. Then James will have to play them if he doesn't win immunity (he didn't win immunity this time!). James looked a bit shocked when his name came up 3 times!

He will only win immunity if the challenges are physical (involving strength and speed) and not if they involve balancing, etc.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. But it should've been James getting voted off. The fact that he's strong and has 2 immunity idols is going to come back and bite the other members in their asses.

Now James will be more alert and will probably start using those idols.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks