What's new

Survivor 33 - Millennials vs. Gen X (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
David is definitely not slipping under the radar. He's practically driven the narrative the last few episodes, grown immensely in his competency in challenges and actually won immunity, and single-handedly mind-controlled Will to revert back to his Zeke vote. If anything David might not win for being TOO much the player at this point, whereas the people really slipping under the radar, such as Sunday, may actually get to the end.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
David is definitely not slipping under the radar. He's practically driven the narrative the last few episodes, grown immensely in his competency in challenges and actually won immunity, and single-handedly mind-controlled Will to revert back to his Zeke vote. If anything David might not win for being TOO much the player at this point, whereas the people really slipping under the radar, such as Sunday, may actually get to the end.

Maybe he is being sneaky with things and not as hidden as he may be playing. But come on, that last challenge with the metal bar held up by keeping tension on it, he literally dropped out in seconds.

Might be part of his plan, never know. We're obviously only shown what they want us to see in this heavily edited show. Even though I despise "Big Brother", I'll probably watch again next summer. They show a lot more of what actually happens. It's got some major editing, but a bit more up front about what's happening, unlike "Survivor".

Definitely one of the best "Survivor" seasons. The "blindsides" are amazing, really shuffling things up, nobody is safe. Zeke seems awfully sure of himself and it's edited to make it look like everyone else expects him to win, but I think he'll be leaving soon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But come on, that last challenge with the metal bar held up by keeping tension on it, he literally dropped out in seconds.

That was tough for everyone. Honestly, sitting on my couch at home, I knew how hard that was going to be.

Note that only the guys with solid abdomens did well with that one (Jay, Ken, Adam). And even they lasted only four minutes or so. You need a ripped core to do something like that.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That was tough for everyone. Honestly, sitting on my couch at home, I knew how hard that was going to be.

Note that only the guys with solid abdomens did well with that one (Jay, Ken, Adam). And even they lasted only four minutes or so. You need a ripped core to do something like that.

I tried a similar thing at home. I'm hardly Joe Muscle Stud, but it wasn't that bad. I think David went in to it knowing he'd fail, so didn't even try.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
But Stan...these guys are also on day 30 (or so) being sleep deprived, food deprived, etc.

So true, they've been deprived, starved, etc. Not something I'd want to go through.

Ken started out in pretty good shape, but he looks anorexic now. Survivor is definitely a great way to lose weight :D

I remember back to the first season with Richard Hatch. He dropped a ton of weight, but apparently went the other direction afterwards. Read an article stating he now weighs 314 lbs.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
We watched the Ponderosa episodes online last weekend. The first thing they do after the contestant walks off the set is check their weight. Chris lost the most so far at something like 30 lbs.

It's worth noting that when Taylor got there he had a letter waiting for him from Figgy. She basically friendzoned him, which we all found hilarious.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I keep meaning to check those out...and rarely do.

It's surprising they don't promote it more (especially since CBS is ape-shit about trying to expand its online presence!).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Talk about a streamlined episode: two immunity challenges, two tribal councils and two eliminations...and done!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
They really, really, REALLY telegraphed Will's exit. So much posturing, so much hubris on display. Whenever someone proclaims they are running the game when they are clearly NOT, they're as good as gone. Was it just me or did he appear thrilled to be blindsided?

The Sunday vote off indicated that David has Ken and Hannah in his hip pocket. Clearly, Hannah was able to steer the vote away from David and arguably against her own best interests, unless her unspoken strategy was to be the lone remaining goat every wants to take to final tribal. Which is a losing strategy, and shows she has no real intentions of taking home the ultimate prize. She has a better shot in an Adam/Brett/Hannah final than David/Ken/Hannah.

I did not realize Adam has kept his mother's condition secret from the rest of the tribe.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Please oh please, I don't want David to win this. Spineless wimps like him have no place on a show like Survivor. Can't believe he's lasted this long. It would be a sad direction for this show to go if he wins.

He's not a survivor, he's a twit who has somehow not been voted off and now it may be to late, he could actually slide by and win.

It did feel good to see Will leave. Arrogant, pompous ass, way to impressed with himself. He deserved every vote he received.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
It's surprising they don't promote it more (especially since CBS is ape-shit about trying to expand its online presence!).

I can't believe your language :chatter:

All these years I've behaved, kept my posts "G" rated, occasionally straying into "PG" territory, but now you've opened the flood gates. I'll have to start dropping some "F" bombs in the future :lol:

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I keep meaning to check those out...and rarely do.

i know, right? You'd think they'd end the episode with a tag to check out the voted-out's mini episode. I only remembered because I was drawing a blank on someone's name and went there to look it up.

They are kind of interesting. During the show I thought Sunday's belief that Jess was out to get her was in her head, but apparently it wasn't. Jess really didn't like Sunday. They wouldn't talk to each other at Ponderosa (they did make up, however).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's just it.

It's the same premise that makes the reunion show so interesting. It's fun to see these people interact and what they have to say with the advantage of time having given them some new perspective.

The Ponderosa videos give a whole 'nother dimension of the game. They show these occasionally on Big Brother (when they go to the jury house) but they have "produced" those to the point where they have eliminated any pretense of spontaneity.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Spoilers. Pretty great season. With Dave's awesome fake idol and Jay falling for it and playing it at tribal council, it became epic. Why didn't they talk to Jay at the reunion show about that? I guess his face and reactions when Probst denied it and threw it in the fire told all.

Can't complain about the winner. I think Adam wins even without the sob story, and don't forget that he had a chance to talk about it during Jay's question, but didn't, so whether it was calculated or not for him to bring it up at the end, that was a potential non-opportunity. Anyone (Stan, you hear me) who thinks David didn't play an awesome game and would've won if loyal Ken doll hadn't flipped on him, is not watching the game but being ruled by their own prejudices. Not only did he have great arc from scared of everything to kingpin player, winning challenges, swaying votes, and creating great fake idols, but he graciously accepted Adam's direct claim to his face that he simply had to take him out. All the players were gracious about it. Another reason why the season was so great.

I admit that the season would've been one more epic moment better if it went down to fire-starting between Adam and Dave, but then Dave definitely wins, in my opinion, and Stan is unhappy.

Taylor's revealed to have a kid recently born, even though he was hooking up with Figgy during the game. Awkward. But a nice little weasel twist reveal for the reunion show.

Amazed that after 33 seasons, this show can still come up with some great characters, suspense and surprises. And after almost writing off the season before it began for the lame theme of Gen X vs. Millennials. Who knew? I'll be around for the All Stars.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It really did turn into one of the great seasons of Survivor--even without a very likeable cast.

I'll admit that when Ken flipped on David and sent him home, I turned to my wife and said, "that's the move that could win Ken the game (showing that he was playing a serious game, not just riding the "loyalty" rollercoaster). I figured that Ken would do much better in the voting. Wrong!

I was a bit surprised when Chris stood up and gave all the credit for Ken's flip to Adam! I was as taken aback as Ken seemed to be. I'm still a little confused by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks