What's new

Survivor 33 - Millennials vs. Gen X (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't know if anyone is still watching but figured I'd give the thread a bump. It's been a pretty good season though they've voted out my favorite contestant for both her commentary and awesomeness in challenges (Michaela) plus all the eye candy. The shifting alliances and blindsides have been good as well as the challenges. It's worth watching if you have a few on dvr.

Sadly, this is the first season I have missed in a long, long time.

Will return for the "all star" show next season

Stan

Senior HTF Member
As a side note: apparently TAR has completed filming but it's not been scheduled yet. We're filling in that void with The Apprentice UK, which is a far more entertaining version than the US product-placement heavy version (which we've not watched since S2).

I can't believe it has already been filmed, just sitting on a shelf until they decide to broadcast it. I read it was finished on July 2nd. Thought it was fairly popular, you'd think they'd be running it, but heard it's on hold and MacGyver got the timeslot. And isn't the finale a live broadcast? All those contestants are just on hold, waiting to film the final episode when the winners are announced? That's got to be a pain.

Sadly, this is the first season I have missed in a long, long time.

Will return for the "all star" show next season
You're not missing much. Thankfully they're doing an all star series. Looking forward to that.

Hard to understand the ratings, but seems like little by little it's doing a gradual slide downward. I started this season, but I find I'm forcing myself to keep going. I don't know how much longer I'm going to stick with this show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sad to see Figgy go from an eye candy standpoint. I have no idea who I am rooting for with this batch of contestants this season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife and I have been watching this season. I just missed this thread somehow.

But Survivor is still "must see" viewing in our household.

I'm kinda liking Ken...but not seeing him making final three. David, maybe.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Unless there are radical changes, I will be watching "Survivor" as long as they keep making them.
It seems they might have moved away from "models" a bit, back toward "regular" people, which I prefer.

I'm very happy, too, that they've not brought any Hantz' back, nor Colton!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I have been watching this season. I just missed this thread somehow.

But Survivor is still "must see" viewing in our household.

I'm kinda liking Ken...but not seeing him making final three. David, maybe.

If he's careful, Ken will take this. But David? Probably the most incredible wimp to ever make it onto the show. Not a chance. He fails at everything, totally worthless.

If there is another blindside coming up, he should be sent packing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just think Dave is one of the few who's thinking ahead and acting smart during the game. Looking for idols, cozying up to the right people, catching some breaks. Puny but seems "smart" (all things being relative! :D ).

It seems they might have moved away from "models" a bit, back toward "regular" people, which I prefer.

I am still hating the gimmicky casting. This "millenial/gen-x" set-up is just plain dumb, over-hyped and ridiculous. I honestly don't think any of these players really identify so strongly with their age group in terms of motivating characteristics for their behavior "Well, I'm a gen-xer, so, obviously, I'm going to act in this particular way." Not buying in.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That was so sad. Jessica got burned, although she probably would've left soon. But choose rocks?

I thought ties went down to light a fire and burn a string, etc., not some random choice.

Dave has got to go. Can't stand the little wuss. He's gotten so lucky with automatic rewards, sitting out challenges because he's a wimp, yet taking the win when the team gets it. Dump This Guy!!!

Fun season. Lots of little bombshells being dropped.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I love that Jessica's immediate reaction was "if I just switched my vote I'd still be there." Just fantastic the way she owned the responsibility for getting voted off despite how emotionally rocked she was. This tribal will make it much more likely we don't see it happen again in future seasons.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Shaping up to be a pretty good season. Players are all so savvy about the game now it's like second-timers. And I love the micro-alliances that last once episode until blindsides. And that was an epic tribal council with a tribe as evenly and strongly divided as... well, you know.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Been slacking from HTF. BTW, I was calling Chris "Tormund Giantsbane" all season.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm a few weeks behind on my threads...

Survivor is a high priority watch in our house. We all enjoy it, especially the kids. We take time during the episodes to explain to them the dynamics of the scheming, and discuss theories on how things will play out. It's a lot of fun for us. We rarely can watch it when it airs and it usually gets pushed to Fridays for us. By the time I come back to HTF the next week it's at the back of my memory.

Taylor's moronic attempt at getting everyone to turn on Adam during Tribal was stunning to watch. How he could've thought his hording and stealing food was a lessor offense than Adam's legitimately won reward-stealing advantage is beyond me and it rightly sent him home.

But the following week... Wow, that was amazing. Adam unwittingly ruined everything by telling David that plan was to vote out Ken, when in fact Sunday only said it was Ken to throw Hannah off the idea it might be her. That was a nail biting, edge of the seat tribal. We liked Jessica and were sorry to see her go that way.

Jay seems to have dialed it back a bit, which is smart. He just needs to lay low if he wants to advance. Not that we want him to win.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"One last tug"

I giggled every time Jeff said that during the loved ones challenge.

Will sounds like a young Hulk Hogan. "I want this for my resume, brother"

Adam's Idol play was... For naught. Zeke had gotten Will's vote anyway. But it was entertaining in the moment.

Last edited:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Another very enjoyable episode and outcome. It was funny to see Will suddenly turned into the Hulk, crowing about his new power. I think Dave's little speech at tribal about how he thought Will was looking to put some kind of move or personal stamp on the game brought Will back to voting Zeke. Either way, Zeke was cooked. And Ken showed some true colors that were not very flattering, including his paranoid stupid move to reveal Will's flip flop to the enemy alliance. But another satisfying episode of twists and turns.

One question. Since Jeff didn't have to reveal all the votes to still send Zeke home, can Will hold off not revealing that he voted for Zeke? That could be the smart play, but that's probably why he won't think of it.

And on a sad note, with a lot of crying going on this episode, I wonder if Adam's mother lived to see this show broadcast since it was shot months and months ago. An episode where he not only won immunity, but made a big play and had the reunion with his brother. She was alive at the time of filming, and no doubt followed his progress, but I wonder if she got to see this broadcast.

**Okay, I just read in a post on EW that Adam's mother died two days after they filmed the final tribal. Sad.

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Will must leave, hopefully on Dec. 7th. He's way to impressed with himself, time for a little bitch-slap.

And David again survives? Maybe people are thinking he's such a wimp, he's safe to keep around. But that could be a huge back-fire in the finals. One of those sneaky, totally under the radar people that just seem to slip by. If he actually had to fight for something or win a challenge, not a chance, so people don't see him as a threat.

Foolishly played his idol, but it didn't matter. He just slinks by, nobody notices, he's built up his own paranoia.
------------
If he's careful, I still see Ken winning this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks