What's new

Surround Sub (1 Viewer)

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
This has been mentioned quite a bit in another thread but I want some specific info for my setup. Presently, I just have one sub, it is a PDR 10. I also have a little 60 watt Aiwa 8" sub that is being unused. This sub obviously is not as good as the Paradigm. Would it be best to leave my bass (surround)directed to the Paradigm (located near the front) or go ahead and add the Aiwa into the surrounds and set them to large? It is going to be a lot of extra wiring considering the rear sub will be a distance from the front and that I am going to be running high level. Will this be worth the effort or am I going backwards?
I also have an old PL receiver. Is it worth hooking up a rear center as well? Or should I just put this junk on ebay? :D

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Jason-
There's a member here who goes by the username "Legairre" that you should talk to. I talked to him a while back on the DT Forum when I was considering a similar setup. I searched around, and his website explains his (impressive) setup. He has an 8" sub on each of his surround channels. He swears by it.
Check it out:
http://pages.cthome.net/lradden/default.htm
If I were you, I'd try to send him an email if he doesn't pop into this thread. He's a really nice guy, and had lots of great suggestions and pointers.
Andy

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Use your better sub for the LFE up front and use your "weaker" sub as a dedicated surround sub for the rear channels.

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
Also my surrounds are pretty weak. They are the little surrounds that came with the stereo system. (Pioneer 1 way's i think) Can they handle being set to large. I guess I can raise the crossover on the surround sub to help them out.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
You can also try setting everything to small and run the LFE to both subs. Stack the subs in the same corner... this will give you a significant boost in SPL.

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
i ues my polk rt-20p towers for surounds set to small then run cables from my yamaha rx-v1 lelf&right lfe to 2 polk psw-650s then then i ues y spliters then run to the rt-20p towers subs the yamaha mono lfe i run a cable to a 15" autio source powerd sub but that is my suround subs it works real good but is not a true suround lfe but it works. thank you, joe

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
its joe i set all my speakers to small except the rear center i set it to large thats the best way to go

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks