What's new

Surround Sound Configuration DVD? (1 Viewer)

WilliamZ

Agent
Can anyone recommend a DVD to help me configure my system.
I have the following components
Denon 2801
Definitive Technology Pro Cinema Speakers
Panasonic DVD RV31
JVC 32D502
Overall I have things setup pretty well. I just think that it could be tweaked some.
For instance music mp3s dont seem to have a ton of bass, but I watched "The Haunting DVD" yesterday and the bass was way too high where it didnt sound smooth or in conjuction with the rest of the movie. Anyone know what the subwoofer crossover setting does? I have it set to the middle.
Also, my surrounds are not as intrusive as I would like them to be.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Hi William. Welcome to the Home Theater Forum! The best thing for you to do is purchase a calibration DVD. There are two that are avaialble and both are very useful. One is Called Avia and the other is called Video Essentials. Check www.dvdpricesearch.com for the best prices for online retailers.
Either of those discs will serve you well and answer all of the questions you have. You will be able to calibrate your audio and video in your home theater.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Be sure to get a sound level meter from Radio Shack to get the most out of these DVD's.
Neil
------------------
"Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks