What's new

Supergirl Director's Cut DVD in International Version packaging. (1 Viewer)

JamesSBarr

Grip
I picked up a copy of "Supergirl" from Blockbuster for $10.00 new today, thinking it was the 124 minute international version. As a matter of fact, that is what the package stated.

However, I open it up, and am rapidly suprised to see the 138 minute Director's Cut DVD, with no special features or anything. No alternate audio tracks, no subtitles. Nothing.

Was this deliberate on Anchor Bay's part, or an accident?

Walter A. Smith

Auditioning
The same thing happened to me about two months ago when I bought mine at blockbuster for $10.00.I just thought it was a fluke but now perhaps it is not.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I got the double-disk collector's edition at K-Mart last year for 8. I think the director's cut is a bit of an improvement over the international. it's rather long, but at least makes sense.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
But it's also cut for television in one or two places (a few off-color lines have been dubbed over or removed). In this regard the International cut is superior.

For the record I find it hard to even use the word "superior" in any post about the film Supergirl, but alas, there it is.

-Lyle J.P.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
did anyone notice the director's cut contains only a mono soundtrack?
Yes, I did, and it's probably because they lacked the dialogue/music/effects stems for the additional portions of the film, so the fact that it's mono alone is not problematic to me. However, what is problematic to me is that the track is encoded so that it plays only from the left speaker. This makes for an annoying listening experience for me.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks