What's new

Suggestions to my virtual theater (1 Viewer)

Singway

Grip
Parts of it are being put together, but so far here's how it looks.

To be used as a home theater/music system 50/50
Not sure about room size yet, but probably a medium sized room, nothing too large.

I like my music flat, with no frequency particullarly overbearing. If anyone is into car audio, I really enjoy my system which consists of CDT HD's all around, and an adire brahma 12, powered by a clarion joyride, and a ppi6600 (speakers) + phoenix gold ti600.2, as a reference. The bass is pretty low frequency so it doesn't overpower the mids and the highs, so you can pretty much hear everything.

Receiver:
Pioneer VSX-56TXi

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Go with the larger center, JUST DO IT! Most of your sound is coming from that one speakers. That speaker is the anchor for your entire system.

HSU or SVS would be a smart decision.

I won't comment on Monster, but as long as you are getting 50-75% off, fine. If you are getting less than 50% off, SKIP IT!!!

DVD player - no idea. I see mixed reviews on all DVD players, so I gave up trying :D

Looks like uoi have the right idea.

Singway

Grip
Thanks for the feedback Kenneth, Yeah I don't like monster too, and I bet I scared off a lot of replies with just mentioning them, but I am getting somewhere between 50 and 70 % discount off retail, so I got no complaints.

DVD Players, I think I'll wait

Center Channel I'll take it under advisement, but the model I listed is the largest Ascend has unfortunately, and I really would like my system to be matched in terms of timbre.

Thanks again for your comments,
Sing

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Opps, sorry, I thought you had the BIGGER mains and you wanted a SMALLER center.

Go with the matching ones, you will be fine.

Yeah, for those prices, Monster is hard to pass up. Anything less than 50% off is not a good deal and you could get Blue Jeans.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
The Rocket 750s sounds nothing like the Ascend 340s or 170s. It will be very disjointed timbre wise from the rest of your speakers.

Singway

Grip
Hmmm that's disappointing to hear. The thing is I'm using it for a rear center, and mainly (hopefully) for a rear bass more than anything. I guess if it's a problem, I might have to sell it, but would hate to let go of it. On a side note, I know they might not be the most trustworthy source, but I did call up av123, and asked them that question specficially, and they said it would be fine, maybe they were trying to sell me, who knows.

Thanks for the feedback,
Sing

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter

Since the rear center is matrixed from the l/r surrounds can you set a different bass crossover for the RCC from your l/r surrounds?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Sing,

I am in Manhattan Beach...you are more than welcome to come listen to my Ascend/Hsu setup. I have a 7.1 system with 340's in front and 170's for surrounds, Hsu VTF-3 sub. Just let me know.

You have purchased your fronts and rear center already? I am in total agreement with Chris...mixing the RS750 with Ascends will be very disjoint...you should go one way or the other.

As for rear bass.....it should all be handled by the crossover, and below 80Hz to 100Hz....it is pretty much non-directional.

Singway

Grip
Hmmm thanks for the offer, no clue how to use crossovers will have to look into that, but it will definitely be a waste, I guess I'll give it a shot, and if I don't like it, and seeing as how two ascend owners are telling me this, I probably won't, I'll just sell it here.

Thanks for the offer , I just might take you up on it sometime, but I have confidence it's fine. Even Dr. Hsu uses the same setup in his place.

Sing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks