What's new

Suggestions for a Surge Protector for my sub (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I have a Velodyne FSX-12 sub that is plugged dircetly into the wall right now and I want to protect it with a simple single wall outlet that will not degrade performance or sound quality of the sub. Because of where the sub is located, I need something small, not a big power strip. All my other equipment (in a different location) is protected by a Monster Power Ctr HST2000.

What is the important spec that I need to look for so I can make sure the sub can draw as much power as it needs?

Peace,

DM

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Dave,
Here is a real powerhouse unit. I was surprised myself that it has the same transient voltage suppression standards as its big-box cousins and U.L.1449 Listing. These surge protection devices are necessary adjuncts (I was going to say 'evils') but dont worry about any "choking" off of current under maximum playback levels.
This Panamax Max 2 at $30 compares to Monster SW2 2-outlet subwoofer model @$49.99 list.
bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks