What's new

Suggestion for forum areas (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Over the last year, the HTF has become much more splintered. I feel that there have been too many new areas created, some of which concern topics that don't really warrant their own areas. Topics wich are very narrow don't really need a seperate forum. It always bothers me to have to scroll way down to the middle of the page to get to something I want.
Some ideas for improvment are as follows.
Combine the three peridicals areas into one forum. Maybe have an official thread on each peridical to list important info about the publisher. I would be much more inclined to participate if it were this way. If you feel they must have thier own forum, simply designate as sub-forums so that they don't make the main forum page look cluttered. That sometimes turns away guests, because they feel overwelmed.
I also think that the forums under the hardware area should be designated as sub-forums under a general hardware forum. Also, I don't think the "tewaking" forum needs it's own area. It could be included in a general hardware area.
I really don't see the need for a sponsers area. A "General HTF" area would be nice, where we could discuss HTF issues; such as home theater meets, the cruise, studio days, future interviews, chats, or anything else that we might need to discuss as a membership. Polls could also be included in this area. I would be more inclined to participate in some of these threads if they were all in one place.
Think about some other possible forums that you could combine. There are several possibilities that maay work. I really don't see the need for a sponsers area.
Anyone else is free to add thier thoughts or ideas.
Thank you! :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Also, I don't think the "tewaking" forum needs it's own area. It could be included in a general hardware area.
There is no "general" hardware area. It was eliminated about 6 months ago after numerous complaints over the volume of traffic the area attracted, which resulted in less active threads getting buried very quickly. Eliminating the general area involved weeks of work for the moderators, and I don't foresee anything like it being reinstated.

M.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
What I meant to say was make it so that the subforums don't appear on the main forum page. Instead, have them show up as subforums on a forum pagee.

Of course I didn't mean merge all the forums into one "General Hardware" forum. A more approprite name for the area in which I was describing would be "Misc. Hardware"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks