What's new

suggest reciever for paradigms (1 Viewer)

GregRus

Auditioning
Hey everyone! I very much appreciate all input and advice shared by all the knowledgeable people subscribing to this forum.I'm putting together my first HT and would like the help of someone here.I'm starting out with 5.1 but, would like to have flexability to increase to 7.1. What RECIEVER would you suggest for this speaker package:
PARADIGM- STUDIO 100 (fronts)
PARADIGM- CC570 (center)
PARADIGM- ADP470 (rear)
PARADIGM- SERVO15 (sub)
setup used 75% movie-25% music
would like to stay in price range of 2000-2500, but will increase if needed.Also,I would prefer one known for ease of use, as I am somewhat entry level in knowledge. Thanks for reviewing my post and will look forward to hearing all replies.
Greg

EricKH

Agent
The 100's love alot of current. So go with the receiver that has the most juice that you can afford.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
With that budget, you might consider separates. Outlaw Audio, NAD and Rotel might have some interesting options. I'm sure there are others.

Good luck.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I agree about separates with that budget. You will get better amplification for the $$ and you are just into the territory of some good gear.

For receiver, I'd say look at the Rotel RSX-1067, maybe the NAD T773.

RoyGSoto

Auditioning
I have a similar speaker setup (Paradigm Studio 100s with CC) and am using a Velodyne HGS12 sub. I've been using a Denon 3802 to drive the system, and it's been slowly dying, so I've been considering upgrading. The Denon is 125wpc, and what I'm considering is this...does it make any sense?

Rotel 1075 5-channel amp (120x5)
B&K Ref 50 preamp

I listen to 75% music, 25% ht. Is there truly an advantage to the 1095 (200x5) over the 1075 for my listening pattern and speakers, or should I stick with the 1075 and then add a good 2 channel amp later (dreaming of a McIntosh) on top of it? Thoughts?

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
You can probably buy whatever has all the features you want. You also want enough juice - 'specially for your 100s - but there are fairly easy ways to handle that. We all have our own brand, dealer, etc. preferences so our personal recommendations would probably work a little better for us than for you... ;)

Once you find the receiver with your favorite features and well within your budget, just try it out - as is. If it sounds right, then you're set. At some point, when you're really getting into it and cranking it up and dimming the lights, you can consider a hefty amp - and a two-channel amp is likely the answer. You can find plenty of good pre-owned power options online and the prices can make it worth the effort. The 100s seem to be ones that thrive with an abundance of electrons, so adding a separate two-channel amp gives you all the receiver features, focused quality power at a decent price, and any of the receivers you're likely to prefer will have plenty of power to drive a center and some occasional material in the surrounds. As usual, just IMHO & YMMV.

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
Fully agree with Tim. I like the "backwards approach" to separates and started with a mid-fi Yamaha receiver, then added two monoblocks to run the mains. When money permits and HDMI switching and multiple firewire inputs become standard, I'll jump to a pre/pro and snag another amp. It's the most cost-effective way for someone like me who can't dish it out all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks