What's new

Subwoofer wires longer than 25' (1 Viewer)

greg_mc

Grip
My dedicated HT is framed and I started wiring. Ran into problem. Want to run subwoofer wire to all 4 corners of the room and terminate in a wall plate. This way I can move sub around the room for best sound. Most sub cables I have seen are two wire (red and white rca plugs). Will be very expensive if I pre-wire all four corners with this type of wire. Options that I see: 1. Run 12 gauge speaker wire to each corner. 2. Run RG-6 to each corner 3. Run regular sub cable (red and white rca ) to each corner.

Question: What kind of wire do I use to pre-wire each corner so I can run sub later? Also do I get wall plate with one or two RCA plugs?

Richard_M

Second Unit
Hi Greg,

If it was me I would run RG6 quad to each location, this will help with any interference, and I would terminate the cable with Crimp F-Type connectors.

As far as the wall plates go just use a 1 gang plate at each sub location, and either 3 or 4 gang plate (depending on how many runs you do) at your av rack end. Just use F-Type female - female modules to plug into the plates. You can then use F-Type to RCA adaptors for your interconnects of make your own up using RG6 with crimp F-Type one end and crimp RCA the other.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks