What's new

Subwoofer Sound (1 Viewer)

GaryArt

Auditioning
I'll be taking my NAD T762 in for a look while under warranty, the owner of the store said they would take a look, but 'write down on paper the problems you have been having' was a very explicit instruction. The unit freezes at times, and when coming back from a 'drop out', sends a chilling or disturbing signal to one of the speakers (it varies which speaker gets it, but doesn't happen all the time). All in all, real happy with the sound it puts out, just wanting to get rid of the nuisances (and perhaps an upgrade to a T763 at a reasonable price).
But my real question is should the receiver still activate the subwoofer if your listening in Dolby 5.1 and speakers set to 'large'? I've noticed sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. (I would think it should, but I've been wrong before...)
Any advice on whether this should make the problem list is appreciated.

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
If you have your fronts set to large while listening to 5.1, the only thing the sub will receive is the LFE. Some receivers have an option such as plus mode or something where the sub will receive some bass, even if the fronts are set to large.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

Yes it will. Setting the speakers to "large" only sends the LFE to the subwoofer. Setting the speakers to "small" sends the LFE track plus any bass sounds below the crossover point to the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks