Subwoofer punishment?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vaughan, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Vaughan

Vaughan Agent

Has anyone played the Phantom Menace opening scene at full reference ie121db or Toy story 2 at reference, so far i haven't heard of anyone playing these scenes at this level, having smily faces, just flattened woofers.Although it is a strict requirment as both sequences do contain sub-sonic frequencies.Anyone who has accomplished this feat, please let me know?

2. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

I know it is referance but I dont think I have even ever heard it at that level anywhere. . . I think there is a brown note imbedded in it some where.

3. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

I've played Toy Story 2 at reference; the sound is certainly loud but as long as it's clean it doesn't pose problems. It doesn't bottom my dual SVS cylinders.

4. Mark Seaton

Mark Seaton Supporting Actor

Mark Seaton
    Reference levels? Not a problem for either of the soundtracks mentioned above to me, but I'm still waiting to use a beast that can provide the content to below 10Hz in room for things like the pod race and Ice Age's opening scene. 14-16Hz extension while at reference level is certainly still plenty of fun. [​IMG]

5. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

I have played both Toy Story II and Star Wars PM at reference on a SVS B4-Plus.

6. Vaughan

Vaughan Agent

Brian, you are one HELLUVA lucky man!,please describe the feeling that you got when using this weapon.Have you done any benchmark tests with it yet?

7. Vaughan

Vaughan Agent

Mark, i'm suprised that the phantam menace actually extends down to that subsonic range(10hz), previously i thought 17-20hz was the range that the sequence extended to, but GOD i'm a bit worried now.I'm sure Brain's B4 supersub, can give good output in 8-14hz range as well, assuming that your organs aren't flattened?

8. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit