What's new

subwoofer placement (1 Viewer)

David K.

Second Unit
is this dangerous or bad for my hearing if i decide to place my subwoofers beside me as an end table?

it will be right next to my chair on both sides, i ll have two.

http://www.geocities.com/RnB180/

thats a pic of my current set up, but im wondering if itll give me that bass shaker type experience if i set them up next to me.

Its not dangerous as once it has been properly calibrated it will produce the same sound level in one location as in another (minus the room accoustic variations). Just be sure to calibrate from your main listening position.
I have Dual SVS Cylinders next to me in a corner and I experience the bass shaking all to often.
How loud (in db) are you planning on playing your HT? I used Avia to calibrate my system to 85db and play it usually -10db to -15db below reference.

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
I have never tried but it can work well according to the few things I have read. It can add close body impact and may help with some phase problems. I will try it out one day if I can find a suitable position that is close by.

PC

Johnny_M

Second Unit
i dont know if you really want to use it as an end table tho. drinks get spilled sometimes, if your sub has an amp i would definatly NOT put anything on it.

Johnny

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Dr. Hsu suggests placement in close proximity to your seating position, such as behind the couch.

I think they may have had a model in the past that worked well as an end table.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks