What's new

Subs are chirping...please help!!! (1 Viewer)

Matt Bahnson

Auditioning
I've got two PS10INF Infinity 10" 250 watt subs in my setup and they have recently started making a noise when they power on. A lot of subs have a three step power switch "Auto on - ON - OFF" my subs are both Auto On only. This powers down the subs after a certain amount of time if there is no signal present to conserve power...I don't have a problem with them turning themselves off but when they power up when signal is sent to them...they chirp. BBBBLLICK! It's a strange sound as if you were bumping the needle on the record player while a flute solo was playing. I have no option of Always on and I really would hate to get rid of these subs....what should I do? They're out of warranty and I doubt I could get ahold of a schematic so cracking it open and diddling around with it's guts will probably do nothing unless someone can tell me exactly what's happening...
Any ideas?
Thanks,
MPB

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have the ability in your Amp to give your subs more frequency range?
If so turn it up a bit, see if they don't stay on then.

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Some say use both inputs of RCA's on your sub will boost the signal thing, you can try that out..

Regards.
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks